What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Did ahh-some change?  (Read 2762 times)

watson524

Did ahh-some change?
« on: October 07, 2015, 11:48:04 am »
Hi all,

When we changed the hot tub water in May, I picked up some ahh-some (2oz jar) that says "Hot tub/jetted bath plumbing and jet cleaner" on it. It called for 1tsp for 100 gallons. That didn't leave me enough to do the tub again at the next water change (500 gallons).

I bought a new 6oz jar of it and it says "Hot tub/Jetted Bath Bio & Gunk Cleaner" On the directions it says Jetted/Whirlpool bath bio purge, add 1 tsp (nothing about "per X gallons") and then it says "Hot tubs/Spas: first time usage" 1tblsp and nothing about per X gallons.

So my question is did I get the right stuff and did they change the label? And how much should I use?

thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

Did ahh-some change?
« on: October 07, 2015, 11:48:04 am »

chem geek

Re: Did ahh-some change?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 08:30:47 pm »
Contact the manufacturer and then let us know what they say.

watson524

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2015, 09:50:23 pm »
Sent them a message so we'll see. I don't see anything on their website that has the label I have now so I don't know if it's old product or what.

watson524

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 09:59:13 am »
Didn't hear back from the email but I called them and the guy told me what I have now is the right stuff (it was sold through them on Amazon where I got it) and I likely had an older package before (but it lasts for up to 8 years. if it shows white crystals, that's the salt, just stir it up).

So he's going to send me some updated instructions (recommends 3tsp in my 500 gallon tub, beyond that he said it's being wasted and you can do it again if need be) and also a paper an independent guy wrote when he set out to disprove the Ahh-some claims but found out it actually works better than the other products out there. If anyone is interested in reading it, PM me and I can send it along when I get it.

thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 09:59:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42