What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Pacific spa issues  (Read 3629 times)

Hottubschlub

Pacific spa issues
« on: September 28, 2015, 03:03:47 pm »
Hello all, just new to this forum. I've been scouring the Net for the past few days and trying to figure the issue with the used tub I just purchased. Its a Pacific spa with the stealth system. At first the GFCI kept kicking out so I unplugged one of the colored plugs at a time and tried again. Eventually I was able to get it to run with one plug undone. I can plug this one back in once its running but it causes the water to run up the filter housing and out from under the lid- don't think this is a 'water feature' because there's and overflow tube that then starts to leak. If I leave it unplugged, I can remove the filter while running and can't feel any suction or pressure where the filter was. The water circulates but I don't see the water being drawn from the main filter basket either...both motors seem to be running, I took the heater apart and the element registers 14.5 ohms but only will kick on for a short time if I manually depress the temperature switch. I disconnected the switch and tried bypassing it and the heater still wasn't kicking in.
Any ideas? Thanks so much!

Hot Tub Forum

Pacific spa issues
« on: September 28, 2015, 03:03:47 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Pacific spa issues
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 06:56:39 pm »
Back up a bit, you said both pumps work but you have no suction at the filter?
Retired

Hottubschlub

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 10:34:52 pm »
I put my hand on both motors and they are warm and humming as though they are working- seemingly a lot of pressure from the jets except the top ones (moveable wand type centers- don't know if these are jets?)
With the filter removed I should have suction there, no? Instead when I plug in the connection that I think is the small plastic pump (separate from the other two, water fills up in the filter compartment until it overflows almost as though some wiring is reversed!

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 06:53:59 pm »
If there is no suction at the filter compartment yet the pumps are pushing water, then it has to be getting water from the floor suctions? Is the tub filled to the proper level? And yes sounds like either the circ. pump is running backwards (wiring) or the plumbing is turned around?
Retired

Hottubschlub

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2015, 11:29:27 pm »
If there is no suction at the filter compartment yet the pumps are pushing water, then it has to be getting water from the floor suctions? Is the tub filled to the proper level? And yes sounds like either the circ. pump is running backwards (wiring) or the plumbing is turned around?
I'll have to check but assume floor has suctions. The previous owner says he hasn't had the tub running for about 2 years- but he replaced a pump and the heater around that time. The tub is filled to an inch below main basket type filter. It looks as though a mouse had some fun underneath, hopefully he's not still stuck in the vacuum line! So, the heater seems to have the right resistance, the flow switch seems to work- could it be that the reason the heater doesn't stay on is because it senses the flow isn't right? Maybe the board needs to be refurbished? I see a few cobwebs in there... :o

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2015, 06:08:25 am »
If the circ pump isn't flowing properly it won't work because the flow switch isn't operating right.
Retired

Hottubschlub

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 10:12:18 pm »
If the circ pump isn't flowing properly it won't work because the flow switch isn't operating right.
So replace switch? Tried bypassing it and issue wasn't solved. Is there a test on the board to see if 'brains' are working correctly?

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2015, 10:12:18 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42