What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: feeling like a chump, but hoping I'm not....Hot Springs Sovereign  (Read 4907 times)

cmerritt923

feeling like a chump, but hoping I'm not....Hot Springs Sovereign
« on: September 10, 2015, 04:40:50 pm »
I'm in the middle of buying a 2014 display model of the Hot Springs Sovereign. The contract price is about $9.1K, and includes the ACE salt system, delivery, steps, cover, lifter and chemicals. After seeing some prices on the Sovereign from 2013 on this site, tho...I'm starting to think I may have gotten taken. I settled on the Sovereign because I thought they offered me a good deal, even tho that one was not my favorite....can someone chime in with whether I paid too much or not?

Hot Tub Forum

feeling like a chump, but hoping I'm not....Hot Springs Sovereign
« on: September 10, 2015, 04:40:50 pm »

mzinga

Re: feeling like a chump, but hoping I'm not....Hot Springs Sovereign
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 05:59:04 pm »
Not sure, I just did yesterday as well and am a little over $1k less than you, but I didn't do ACE and was told it was a $1000-1200 option.  So in the end think you did okay.

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 06:04:14 pm »
 If it works for you that's all that matters, HS builds a nice spa.   For me and don't take this wrong, but 9 grand is a lot for one pump spa.   

mzinga

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 06:12:06 pm »
That was my concern on the tub as well Jim.. I think we will like it.  In the end it came down to that versus the Flair.  Hopefully the 28 jets are not underpowered, but we learned back in the past with our Jacuzzi that we liked the hot water much better than the jets.

ski bum

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 06:56:30 pm »
My hotsprings rep told me they are doing $1k off all the Highlife models starting Sept. 15th.  Maybe worth waiting to get the one you like at a better price.

cmerritt923

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 08:34:04 am »
thanks everyone!!

My dealer has a sterling rep and their web site guarantees that we will walk away delighted. I had settled on this tub because I thought I was getting a great price and my husband was suffering sticker shock. What I REALLY wanted was the Envoy. So I'm going to call the owner of the dealership today and see if we can change our order and what the price difference will be. Hopefully they will give me a good deal on the Envoy. I think I saw someone else on this list got the Envoy (base price) of 10.1K. Is that reasonable for me to expect?

mzinga

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 10:12:32 am »
Keep me posted on the Envoy price.  I'm tempted to do that one too, and the order for mine hasn't been officially placed.  Since we had about the same deal, the price gap should be similar.

cmerritt923

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 11:16:48 am »
Well, I'm THRILLED!!!

The base price we agreed to on the Envoy was 11K. They couldn't give me the salt system free, but we agreed to 800. And after reading the reviews on the Envoy and looking at the specs...I couldn't be happier. We had wet tested it, and it was actually the one I loved. The Captains Chair is awesome, and this is the only model that has it.

dishdude

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 03:05:40 am »
I have an Envoy, that captains chair is the best seat in the house! I prefer it to the lounge. The other corner seat with the pillow is nice too.

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2015, 06:27:34 pm »
You did good.  You got the one you really wanted!
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

ski bum

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 11:19:40 am »
Well, I'm THRILLED!!!

The base price we agreed to on the Envoy was 11K. They couldn't give me the salt system free, but we agreed to 800. And after reading the reviews on the Envoy and looking at the specs...I couldn't be happier. We had wet tested it, and it was actually the one I loved. The Captains Chair is awesome, and this is the only model that has it.

What didn't you like about the Sovereign?  I'm trying to find a dealer where I can wet test one.  Tried the Flair and really like it, but the lounge was too deep for the wife.  We liked the lounge in the jetsetter so I wonder if we will like the lounge in the Sovereign too. 

cmerritt923

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2015, 01:18:17 pm »
Ski Bum: I really liked the Sovereign...it was just that I LOVED the Envoy. It's the only model that has this captains chair, that even includes jets for the hands. My husband and I got to talking. We had settled on the Sovereign for price...but decided since we plan to keep it for 20 years, we should just go for it and get the one we loved.

Quickbeam

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 03:01:53 pm »
Ski Bum: I really liked the Sovereign...it was just that I LOVED the Envoy. It's the only model that has this captains chair, that even includes jets for the hands. My husband and I got to talking. We had settled on the Sovereign for price...but decided since we plan to keep it for 20 years, we should just go for it and get the one we loved.

You made the right decision. When you break the price difference down over those 20 years, the extra you pay per year isn't all that much. If you hadn't done it the way you did, you would always be thinking of what you could have had. Congratulations on your new spa!

GGRANDEE

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 04:16:41 pm »
Great advice Quickbeam.. That is exactly why the wife and I chose the Grandee  ;)

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 04:16:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42