What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cloudy and foamy water  (Read 2163 times)

Tdevito

Cloudy and foamy water
« on: September 08, 2015, 10:55:21 pm »
All my levels are good should I run the filter for extended amount of time or just drain and start again

Hot Tub Forum

Cloudy and foamy water
« on: September 08, 2015, 10:55:21 pm »

Sam

Re: Cloudy and foamy water
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 02:10:31 pm »
It depends on how bad and how old the water is.  If it's relatively new, a heavy dose of chlorine and a little bit of clarifier may take care of it.  Sometimes it's just easier to dump it.  If you do that, you should still give it a good shock upon refill.  The water that remains in the plumbing will contaminate the fresh water.  You may consider a system flush prior to draining.  How old is the spa?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2015, 03:28:11 pm »
"All my levels are good", means absolutely nothing...other than your stated opinion, based upon something you've heard or chosen to believe, which may or may not be correct.

WHAT are the levels, and how are you determining them"?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Tdevito

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 11:47:33 pm »
The tub is new and just filled last Friday ...I shocked the tub today water is much clearer now but still very foamy with jets and blower on

av8r

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:01:38 am »
The tub is new and just filled last Friday ...I shocked the tub today water is much clearer now but still very foamy with jets and blower on

I think you're not listening to the experienced here.  Post up what your water test results were (levels) otherwise this is going no where.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:01:38 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42