What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Decisions Decisions.. Hotspring/Bullfrog/Clearwater  (Read 8816 times)

av8r

Re: Decisions Decisions.. Hotspring/Bullfrog/Clearwater
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 01:11:02 pm »
So should I be wary of the Clearwater?  They were setting up a wet test but in the birch bay similar tub and I told him to forget it.  Should wet test the bullfrog today.  The bullfrog seemed very cheap after we looked at the hot springs.

Watch the video on youtube of how the BF spas are designed, made and tested.  Then let me know if you still think they're "cheap"

https://youtu.be/MldHtAStjA0

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2015, 01:11:02 pm »

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2015, 01:27:18 pm »
You are also not comparing apples to apples.  The R6 is a smaller one pump spa. The flair is larger with 2 pumps and a circ system.   So for me at 800 dollars more, I would probably take the Flair.  Unless I was going to look at the R7 with 2 pumps.  As far as Bullfrog being a cheaply built spa it is not.    Either way pick what feels best to you, but don't expect the R6 to compete with the flair.

GGRANDEE

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2015, 02:08:31 pm »
2013 Grandee owner here> I can recommend Hot Springs and I'm sure the majority of HS owners will agree. Best investment- easy maintenance, beautiful tub and a solid company that stands behind its product !!  8)

Sam

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 04:36:47 pm »
So should I be wary of the Clearwater?  They were setting up a wet test but in the birch bay similar tub and I told him to forget it.  Should wet test the bullfrog today.  The bullfrog seemed very cheap after we looked at the hot springs.

Birch bay is a cheaper line with lower quality materials, fyi

mzinga

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 05:15:00 pm »
He had sold out of clearwaters to wet test, but was trying to demo the same interior in the birch.  I think I wrote off the Clearwater based on feedback here that it wasn't comparable to the bullfrog or hot springs.

NZArtist

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2015, 06:00:39 pm »
2013 Grandee owner here> I can recommend Hot Springs and I'm sure the majority of HS owners will agree. Best investment- easy maintenance, beautiful tub and a solid company that stands behind its product !!  8)

From your posting history, you've had a leak, your heater is underpowered, and you had a worrying sound from the jets.
I understand the issue now - you've never actually owned a *good* spa for comparison.
My previous spa gave me absolutely no problems over the four years I owned it (before selling my house and moving).
The Hotspring Grandee was overpriced, underpowered, unreliable, and the dealer was useless, in my experience.
I regret buying it - it is the antithesis of something to relax with. It has caused me stress since I owned it.
Just because they have a great marketing machine doesn't mean they have a great spa.  All those vast sums you paid them didn't go toward making a good spa, they went to marketing a bad one.

GGRANDEE

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2015, 02:54:25 pm »
Son, I won't even lower myself to your level! Instead of trolling, you should re-read your negative diatribe and then review the responses from other forum members. 45 posts and you are not well liked. But then again, you are not on here to add any value anyway. Cya.. ;)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 02:55:57 pm by GGRANDEE »

orlando1

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 05:34:30 pm »
That's a strong statement to say he isn't well liked. There may be some who may not like him, but there were quiet a few posts from people empathizing with him as well. The issues he had were real and from his posts, he did end up contacting hotsprings directly as some suggested with his issues being unresolved. And others did chime in to say they had similar issues. Me myself, I have nothing against hotsprings(I almost bought one) or any other brand, but we shouldn't have a problem with someone who haven't had the same success as many others with their hotspring. There are going to be a few of bad apples from time to time within each brand, so don't take it personal.

With that said, given how much clearwater hot tubs cost, I would go with a more tried an true brand. There are just too many better options than clearwater imo.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:39:24 pm by orlando1 »

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 05:34:30 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42