What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Gulf Coast Spas JUNK  (Read 8300 times)

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Gulf Coast Spas JUNK
« on: July 12, 2004, 04:14:10 pm »
I called the store or better yet their little warehouse and at a price of $9300 retail and selling price of $3750 they can have one at my house from the factory within 24 hours.They have been selling Gulf Coast spas in the ALLENTOWN Pa. area for over 10 years and they say Gulf Coast been making spas for over 30 years.if you have a problem you can call them up and they will send someone over to your house so the saleswoman told me over the phone.She told me Gulf Coast is one of the big 3 spa companys and she puts down the Jacuzzi line and calling them Junk and said sundance and hot springs are not in the top 3.When i wanted to know the phone number and address of the place if i ever need service she hungup on me.By them putting in a very smalllll ad in sat paper in the Articles for sale area of the newspaper and by making people think that they might be getting a bargin from a homeowner and not knowing they are salespeople.If Gulf Coast was a major player they would be advertising a whole page ad and not somewhere in the back of the paper where they sale used cars and livestock................Johnny Thunders

Hot Tub Forum

Gulf Coast Spas JUNK
« on: July 12, 2004, 04:14:10 pm »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: Gulf Coast Spas JUNK
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 04:40:55 pm »
The manufacturers don't do the advertizing, the dealers do, so the type of ad taken out has nothing to do with gulf coast, the ad type is called an open invite, I think that's the name. Any how, many NEW home builders use this type of advertizing. It's less expensive, and hit's a larger group than those that don't read the newspaper cover to cover. I don't think Gulf Coast is a great or even good product, but to say "If Gulf Coast was a major player they would be advertising a whole page ad and not somewhere in the back of the paper where they sale used cars and livestock" shows very little understanding of this business. Jacuzzi takes out zero news paper ads, does that make them a nonplayer. Advertizing is up to the dealer, even if it is a "$500 off coupon" Jacuzzi provides the marketing materiel, i.e. the coupons and ad copy, but it is up to the dealer to purchase the ads. Regardless of what ever coop the company offers the initial expense is out of the dealers pocket. I would think that you would comend this person for getting you to call. Imagine how many people called that weren't just janking their chain like you. My suggestion there Johny, get off the computer and go sit in your hot tub. You offer an awful lot of advice for someone who has only had a hot tub for a short few months. Where does your expertise come from. Are you really who you claim to be or are you a disguised dealer trying to drive people to the Jacuzzi product.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 07:55:44 pm »
Did it become pick on Gulf Coast day or something?  Why the sudden need to post what such a bad company this is?  Did Gulf Coast do something bad to you JohnnyThunders?

The reason that we're even getting our hot tub is because we spent a weekend with some friends up in Canada and they have a Gulf Coast spa.  At the time I knew nothing about spas at all.  We spend the weekend loving their hot tub and thinking that if we ever got one we could not likely affort one as nice as their Boca Grande.  I don't agree with they way the sell them and have since found some things that I don't like about them either but I sure would not go as far to say that they are JUNK.  It seemed like pretty good quailty and performance to me.

If someone could tell me that I could have a Boca Grande for $3700, I might consider it.  There sure would have to be a whole lot of things that go wrong with it to add up to the 7000 - 8000 range that everyone seems to be paying for their 'brand name' tubs.  Our friend bought his in the Toronto area from a local dealer and did nothing but rave about it when we were there.

I've been browsing these boards for a good month and half now and I've never once seen a post like "Help - I've got a Gulf Coast and I'm stuck"...  If there are some bad 'dealers' out there selling these things out of wearhouses then so be it.  I still think it's a far stretch to make a point of creating a post specifically stating that these tubs are JUNK.

If you are a happy Jacuzzi owner then why do you care?  I'm going to be a happy Optima owner in a month or so.   Does that mean that I should start posting that everyone elses product is crap?  I don't think so.
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
DRe: Gulf Coast Spas JUNK
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 07:56:29 pm »
Well yea right the dealer pays for the ad and some dealers get something back from the people that make the spas on how many they sell.What made me mad was i thoght i was calling somebody up that was selling their spa and not a dealer.Just got me annoyed for putting Sundance Jacuzzi and Hotsprings down.and saying that their spas are the top 3.......Lies Lies Lies.I use my spa 20 - 40 mins a day and love it.Cannot wait till winter when it snows.......Jt

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 08:06:30 pm »
Optima is a great spa and maybe I got a bit out of hand a bit.I read a few messages from people that are not too happy with their gulf coast spas from different web sites.I guess you are very lucky when you went shopping for your spa.I went and seen many names i never heard of and everyone was putting the big names down....I guess for around $4000 is not a bad deal unless you need service....Jt :'(

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: DRe: Gulf Coast Spas JUNK
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2004, 12:44:30 pm »
Who are you to say they are lies. Every spa dealer you talk to will say the tub brand they sell is in the top three. They may include HotSpring Spas, most likely only because they are the largest manufacturer of spas world wide. They may include Jacuzzi, most likely because it is the most recognized name in the industry. Does that make them best, maybe, maybe not. Some might include Sundance probably only because they know they can beat the living daylights out sundance on price. The "top three" is subjective to who you are talking to and what brand they are selling.

Sundance Jacuzzi and Hotsprings down.and saying that their spas are the top 3.......Lies Lies Lies.

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2004, 02:18:26 pm »
Let me answer you before hitting my spa.Only thing I said is that most people throw in that they sell the top 3 in spas even if you never heard of the name like Acme spas.Emerald is a great brand even if they are only giving you a 2 year warranty.Need to go before the bugs get to my wine.Jt :P

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2004, 07:55:08 pm »
The Top Three Spas..........

Perhaps the real questions is, what makes a spa one of the "Top Three". What does it take (without mentioning a brand name) to be in this "top 3"???

this should be interesting  ::)
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

empolgation

• you pay what you get it for
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2004, 08:05:39 pm »
Answer:   an opinion
e

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2004, 08:38:16 pm »
Dr. Spa hits a homerun..... ;)Jt

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2004, 12:29:56 pm »
The top three spas in the industry are #1 the brand I sell, numbers 2 and 3 are what ever brands I choose to toss into the mix that I know the customers are probably going to look at any how. Might as well give 'em a heads up, you know.

The Top Three Spas..........

Perhaps the real questions is, what makes a spa one of the "Top Three". What does it take (without mentioning a brand name) to be in this "top 3"???

this should be interesting  ::)

Gerrym

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2004, 12:41:30 pm »
I called the store or better yet their little warehouse and at a price of $9300 retail and selling price of $3750 they can have one at my house from the factory within 24 hours.They have been selling Gulf Coast spas in the ALLENTOWN Pa. area for over 10 years and they say Gulf Coast been making spas for over 30 years.if you have a problem you can call them up and they will send someone over to your house so the saleswoman told me over the phone.She told me Gulf Coast is one of the big 3 spa companys and she puts down the Jacuzzi line and calling them Junk and said sundance and hot springs are not in the top 3.When i wanted to know the phone number and address of the place if i ever need service she hungup on me.By them putting in a very smalllll ad in sat paper in the Articles for sale area of the newspaper and by making people think that they might be getting a bargin from a homeowner and not knowing they are salespeople.If Gulf Coast was a major player they would be advertising a whole page ad and not somewhere in the back of the paper where they sale used cars and livestock................Johnny Thunders

Why would you even ring up a Gulf Coast dealer if you were happy with the Jacuzzi you had purchased. Johnny, this seems a very strange post to me, are you feeling ill today?

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2004, 09:44:12 pm »
Didnot even know they were a dealer and thought from the ad that they needed to get rid of a spa.I am very happy with my Jacuzzi.The ad could have been another Jacuzzi and i would have told my friends about it if it was a Hotspings Sundance jacuzzi marquis or other top brands.JohnnyT :P

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2004, 09:44:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42