What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: My countdown has begun  (Read 4446 times)

DalePowell

My countdown has begun
« on: July 13, 2004, 06:13:46 pm »
I just put a deposit down on a Beachcomber 578 HT.  :D It was a difficult decision. My budget was 10K or less CDN including taxes, delivery, installation, GFCI, etc. Thats about $7250 US.

I checked out many excellent tubs recommended on this forum (HotSprings, Caldera, Jacuzzi, Sundance, Dimension 1) and several more that I just didn't like for various reasons (Arctic, Coast,  Hydropool, Pacific). There are no Master, Marquis, Dynasty, or Coleman dealers in my area. My budget ruled out many excellent tubs in the 10 - 13K range.

Generally the sales people for the premium spas were professional and respectful of their competition. This made it more difficult (I would have ruled out anyone sounding like a used car salesperson).

After three wet tests I just couldn't find anything important I didn't like about the 578.

Now my countdown has begun (6 - 8 weeks).

I sincerely appreciate all of the information, advice, and debates on this forum. It really helped me in my pursuit.

Thanks,

Dale

Hot Tub Forum

My countdown has begun
« on: July 13, 2004, 06:13:46 pm »

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
Re: My countdown has begun
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2004, 06:22:10 pm »
Congratulations Dale.  
You made a great choice.

pafoster62

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 07:38:07 pm »
envy envy for me again!! ;D congrats for you!!! ;) have fun

OnMedic

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 09:29:28 pm »
Hey Dale,

We were considering a 578 until we got a great deal on the 740. You will be more then happy with the 578.

Where are you located? Ours took 5-1/2 weeks from BC to Kitchener. I assume you got the LE. What colour choices did you go with?

Congrats!

OnMedic

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 09:37:16 pm »
From what i have read Beachcomber is a great spa.Hope you will enjoy it...Jt

Lori

• Saw It ... Wanted It ... Had A Fit ... Got It!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 10:42:23 am »
Congratulations!!!

May you always have hot, bubbly water!!!
Oklahoma Vanguard owner-don't hold that against me

zzaphod42

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 11:22:58 am »
Congratulations Dale! You will be very happy with the 578. It's definitely our most popular tub since there seems to be a seat for everyone in there.

Joe

PS Did you get the Limited Edition?

IonHeaven

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 11:55:19 am »
Congratulations! I'm in my final stages of deciding leaning towards a Beachcomber 720x.

Is yours a 2003 or 2004? Is it an LE?

Let us know when it arrives!

IonHeaven

DalePowell

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2004, 01:14:46 pm »
Q. OnMedic. Where are you located? Ours took 5-1/2 weeks from BC to Kitchener. I assume you got the LE. What colour choices did you go with?
A. I'm near Ottawa on Mississippi Lake. We're picking the colors tonight. Probably Beachwood (almost white) with twilight (grey) skirt. I'll decide on the cover color tonight.

Q. zzapod42. Did you get the Limited Edition?
A. Yes.

Q. IonHeaven. Is yours a 2003 or 2004?
A. 2004.

I have a 5" thick cement pad poured under a a porch. I plan to  build a Gazebo around the Spa after it's delivered. I just have to build two walls because the pad is next to a basement foundation wall and a brick retaining wall. I plan to take digital pictures and will post these as I  progress.

Thanks for your interest.

Cheers,

Dale

OnMedic

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 05:33:32 pm »
Dale,

Those are the colurs I wanted to get, but had to compromise on the Shell for the wife and she chose the stirling.

They say it will tak that long, but ours shipped in about 4 weeks. In Ontario, they land in a Oakville warehouse and are shipped to the dealer from there.

Also, very good idea of building after delivery. That is what we did (or actually are doing).

How do you post pictures on here? I have some to post for all to see the progress.

CHeers,

OnMedic

Steve

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 07:46:13 pm »
Way to go Dale. Still one of the nicest tubs Beachcomber builds! You will be blown away by the reflex foot massage! The LE is an awsome package.
Congrats my friend and I wish you and yours many peaceful nights in it! :)

Steve

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 07:46:13 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42