What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Please help! Hotspring Prodigy or Viking Spa Royale ETS...  (Read 6898 times)

JC551

Please help! Hotspring Prodigy or Viking Spa Royale ETS...
« on: July 13, 2015, 04:02:35 pm »
Good afternoon everyone!  I thank you for your input in advance and I will pay it forward.  I am looking to purchase my first hot tub.  I live in NJ and have been two a few hot tub dealers.  One sells the Viking Royale ETS for $4600 and the other a Hot Spring Prodigy for $8200.  They both include, free steps, cover, chemicals and delivery.  With the Hot Spring I know I do get a ferrari of tubs and very good energy efficiency.  If I am looking to lounge and relax (no therapy needed)  is it justified to spend the extra $3500 or so?  Is the price for the Hot Spring a good one or can you generally talk these dealers down? 

I cannot find many reviews on the Viking but it is sold by a very reputable company in NJ.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Hot Tub Forum

Please help! Hotspring Prodigy or Viking Spa Royale ETS...
« on: July 13, 2015, 04:02:35 pm »

Qrose

Re: Please help! Hotspring Prodigy or Viking Spa Royale ETS...
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 07:57:06 pm »
We almost bought a Prodigy. Two reasons why we didn't. The footwell is too small and not deep enough and the tub is not tall enough, my husband is over 6ft so that may not be an issue for you. Also if it's just you or two of you the footwell may not be an issue but thought I'd let you know why I didn't buy one. Sorry I don't know about the Viking. I ended up spending a little more and bought a Sundance. Very happy with my choice.

JC551

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2015, 08:32:25 am »
Thanks for your insight about the Prodigy.  We are leaning towards that one.  I am 5'9".  I was also going to try to find a Sundance dealer in my area.  You believe it is worth the extra money for them?

Qrose

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 06:27:57 pm »
I have owned two hot springs spas in the past and liked them. Both of them were sold with the homes so I don't have anything bad to say. We did have trouble with the moto massage but it was fixed under warranty. However I absolutely love the Sundance. Spas are such a personal choice what one person loves another hates. If you have a Sundance dealer in your area I would check them out. However if you like the Prodigy I'm sure you will be happy with it. If you can wet test I would. This is our 3rd spa and we wet tested before we bought any of them. Enjoy looking.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 06:27:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42