What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: TV Built-In  (Read 8015 times)

Electro

TV Built-In
« on: July 08, 2004, 01:22:37 am »
 ;) :D ;D ;) :D ;D ;) :D ;D ;) :D ;D ;) :D ;D

Anybody have a hot tub with the TV built-in?

There are a few manufacturers who have one or more TV options, including a 42 inch plasma wide wide screen (Extended Definition, not High Definition) that comes up out of the side for a cool $10,000 extra.

I'm curious about anyone who'd get a TV in a hot tub.  The extended 5 year warranty at one dealer cost an extra $7,000 over the one year.

What about this?  Is this too much?

Electro

Hot Tub Forum

TV Built-In
« on: July 08, 2004, 01:22:37 am »

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
Re: TV Built-In
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 01:37:54 am »
it's a little much, but if you got the scratch, whut thu heck, go for it.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

ZzTop

• Beachcomber 550x owner
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 01:45:25 am »
Strickly for lottery winners.   Give me a break   ha ha ha

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 01:58:27 am »
I do not know...but I thought part of the enjoyment and pleasure of your spa was to get away from TV and things for a few minutes...I know it is not for me.... ;)...lottery winner or not....
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 11:55:52 am by Mendocino101 »

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 08:40:03 am »
I like music in my spa, but would draw the line at TV.
I don't even want to think about the possible service costs to repair a broken spa TV.  I've also heard that you are only supposed to run the TV for short periods of time.
But to each their own.  
Brewman
Brewman

fedmandoo

• which brand do we buy???? Hummm still looking
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 08:51:53 am »
There are so many options for tvs in todays market place  i.e. data projectors,lcd and plasma panels so, I would find that getting this option would place   limitations on you. I also agree with potential service call costs. I'm the type that wants to get away from the tv and enjoy my surroundings while tubbing unless it was sunday and football games were on then I would like an option for a tv!!  I would stay clear of this overpriced add on.. good luck Fedman

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 10:52:34 am »
Man alive. Even if I had all the money in the world I still would not get a tub with a TV.  The point is to get away from the noise and bussle and relax. How can you do that watching what's on the tube?

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 11:32:14 am »
If you're going to get the TV spa why stop there. See if you can get one with a fridge and microwave built in? Craziness!!!!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 12:10:21 pm »
I was poking around some big box the other day, and saw a refrigerator with a LCD tv built into the door.
Brewman

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 12:13:00 pm »
Y'all assume that the only people that buy hot tubs are stressed out over worked parents. There is quite a number of single people that buy the for the sole purpose of entertainment.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

dino

• Tsar of the Empire!
TV YES but not built-in
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 03:54:01 pm »
Look I love sitting in the tub and watching TV it is the ultimate couch potatoeness (all though hot-tub prune might be more descriptive).

I did not want to spend that much money for the installed TV.  What I found was the real problem is the sound wheter it is TV or stereo the built-in speakers are simply in the right place to hear the damn thing.  No boom box or tv next to the tub makes it from the audio point of view.

So I splurged for the stereo then went to the auto parts store and bought an rf modulator which I hooked up in series with the antenna.  Then I ran a wire from the headphone jack on my indoor tv to the tub (via plugs on the interior and then the exterior - no messy wires hanging out almost closed windows and to the jack on from the rf modulator.

All I needed now was a swivel for the kitchen tv and I was in business.  

As far as the refrigerator and TV - if you ask the pizza delivery guy will come around back and meet you in the tub - now if it was just one of those fantasy penthouse letter blondes I read about it would really be great to be the king.

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 05:20:02 pm »
Dino, you da man!
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 05:27:56 pm »
Read the warranty of these tubs -  and look into just who will service the TV if it has a problem.

I have heard some local folks upset because the TV failed rather soon and yet was not covered by the tub maker, nor serviced by the dealer, and they had to pay to have it removed, crated, shipped to the TV manufacturer and repaired, then shipped back to their home, and then re-installed.

I would put a TV or projection screen in such a location that it can be enjoyed from the spa and/or patio.

In fact, I'm working on getting a pojector and setting it up so it can hit the screen in a new home theater we're adding, and swivel around (or use a mirror) so it can also shine on an outdoor screen.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

fedmandoo

• which brand do we buy???? Hummm still looking
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 06:34:32 pm »
Chas, I've started to explore this option as well so i'm curious on what brand of data projector and screen you are looking into. I 'm assuming your screen will be motorized!! post som pics when you get it functional..
Fedman
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 07:26:49 pm by fedmandoo »

Chas

• Mentor Level Member
  • Hot water is Cool.
    • Spas etc.
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 08:09:20 pm »
I'm looking at Sharp. We put a V-10 in our church about two years ago - with a motorized screen - and you can run both the lamps for easy daylight viewing. I want one just like it - but I'm not sure what the current model would be.

4000 ANSI lumens, about 20 different inputs, choose a lens from their pro options, quiet fan, auto-shut-down, lamp saver, fully intelligent, can send e-mail to sysop noting trouble, or lamp life.  I think I can control it over a network - but I'm not sure. Only drawback is it's huge! Not as big as a BARCO, but big.

As to the screen at home - the indoor screen will be fixed in place, but the outdoor? I hadn't though about it. I'm leaning toward rear-projection in a window - with a simple mirror to flip down and divert the image to the RP screen for outdoor.

Haven't nailed down all the particulars yet.
Former HotSpring Dealer - Southern Cal.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 08:09:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42