What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What should I do? hotspring promo free ace or 15 month interest free financing  (Read 5708 times)

cburk

Current hotspring promotion is free ace system or 15 month interest free financing.  I've been reading about the ace system and it seems to have pretty bad reviews. Seeing that the cell wears out every 3-4 years and costs $800 to replace sure doesn't seem like free to me.  Any chance I can just get an additional $1000 knocked off the purchase price of the tub?

How should I play this promotion to get the best deal on a tub?

Hot Tub Forum

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
Current hotspring promotion is free ace system or 15 month interest free financing.  I've been reading about the ace system and it seems to have pretty bad reviews. Seeing that the cell wears out every 3-4 years and costs $800 to replace sure doesn't seem like free to me.  Any chance I can just get an additional $1000 knocked off the purchase price of the tub?

How should I play this promotion to get the best deal on a tub?

If you don't want the Ace that is included (its not free, its included) or the interest free financing tell them that and ask what discount you can get in place of the options they're offering. Its difficult to say how much you can get knocked off because its dependent on what deal they gave in the first place (how much wiggle room they have and how much they save by removing the item) but it certainly doesn't hurt to ask for $1k off instead, all they can do is so no thanks and/or make a counter offer.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
I doubt it. Your savings 'might' be the actual cost to the dealer. 15 months financing on a 10k loan, at favorable interest rates would cost about $450. So, maybe $500 off.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

cburk

Ok sounds good. Ace system must not be selling well if they have to give it away.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
Or maybe it sells very well, costs them very little, and is a cheep freebie to give away?

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

cburk

I'm going to try make a deal without the ace and ask for more money off the tub. If ACE system is so awesome they wouldn't be giving it away. It sounds great on the surface but the limited lifespan of the diamond cell and the huge cost to replace it is ridiculous. $800 to replace the cell and even if it works perfectly it only last 2-3 years. I guess for people who have never owned a hottub it sounds great but honestly it took me 10 mins per week to balance my water in my previous vanguard tub.

I have a feeling the ACE system retails for $1600 because Hotspring is building in the cost of replacing the cell under warranty a couple times. I'm going to talk to my local dealer and see what he thinks about ACE before I completely write it off but I've spent 3-4 hours reading reviews online and I would say it is about a 80% negative and 20% positive when it comes to the ACE system.

Quickbeam

I think you're making a smart decision.

Jrho

The free financing costs them about 3 to 4 percent of the cost of the hot tub.  When we bought ours the cost of adding the ace was 1000 dollars.  We got the ace as we liked how the water felt.  I think the big thing with the ace is not to over estimate your use and as with anything proper maintenance.   It doesn't it can't fail as a percentage of all things usually do.    It you don't see any advantage of the ace system to you that is fine.    They had 12 months free financing when we bought our tub, but we took a cash discount.   If they are giving you something free ie the ace system it shouldn't be built into the cost of the tub or it is not free .   Happy tubbing

cburk

If the ace system generates chlorine from salt how would that make the water feel different? Is the chlorine level just lower than a normal tub? I'm sure people who over treat their spa water would have harsh chemical levels.  Also I see that you are supposed to fill with softened water. This is totally opposite advice than what I got when I had my vanguard with ozone. I was specifically told not to use water that had been through a water softener. Was that incorrect? Is  filling with soft water ok if using ozone and regular chlorine?  I think fill I got the tub with soft water alone would make a huge difference in how the water feels irregardless of chemical method used.

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
If you have the Ace system, you need to use soft water.

Also I see that you are supposed to fill with softened water. This is totally opposite advice than what I got when I had my vanguard with ozone.

Do you have an Ace system on your vanguard?

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
If the ace system generates chlorine from salt how would that make the water feel different? Is the chlorine level just lower than a normal tub? I'm sure people who over treat their spa water would have harsh chemical levels.  Also I see that you are supposed to fill with softened water. This is totally opposite advice than what I got when I had my vanguard with ozone. I was specifically told not to use water that had been through a water softener. Was that incorrect? Is  filling with soft water ok if using ozone and regular chlorine?  I think fill I got the tub with soft water alone would make a huge difference in how the water feels irregardless of chemical method used.

Salt water is slightly more liquid (for lack of a better term) thicker? While the salt generates chlorine I think you get salt in the water also? It can feel softer to some, others won't notice. Snorkeling in fresh water is a lot different than salt water. Salty/chlorinated water is more corrosive though. Maybe chemgeek can help here?
Retired

TwinCitiesHotSpring

go into a local dealer and speak with a salesperson and see the system for yourself and let him explain it to you...your getting bad/mis-information in this thread that is leading to your many questions

Sam

go into a local dealer and speak with a salesperson and see the system for yourself and let him explain it to you...your getting bad/mis-information in this thread that is leading to your many questions

You don't think that the "salesperson" will have a bias?

cburk

I ordered my grandee today. Sales guy totally agreed that ACE isn't yet up to snuff and that I was making a smart decision by not buying it. If the bugs get worked out in the future I'll retrofit to my new tub but for now I'll spare the 10 mins per week to balance my water and save myself $800 every 2 years.

taigacarol

was wondering about this too
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 11:15:12 pm by taigacarol »

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42