What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Canadian spa company st Lawrence swim spa  (Read 6280 times)

Wilde1

Canadian spa company st Lawrence swim spa
« on: June 13, 2015, 01:46:38 pm »
Hi all

New to the spa world and looking to purchase a swim spa mainly for swimming but also for the fun element.

Has anyone heard of http://www.canadianspacompany.co.uk/swim-spas.html and if so what is you opinion of them, is the St. Lawrence 17ft any good?

If not any recommendations for a UK buyer please?

Hot Tub Forum

Canadian spa company st Lawrence swim spa
« on: June 13, 2015, 01:46:38 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Canadian spa company st Lawrence swim spa
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2015, 08:11:02 pm »
There sales pitch is a bit of a stretch. But I like the sound of their construction methods. Never seen one. I live at the headwaters of the St. Lawrence Seaway.
Retired

Wilde1

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2015, 09:34:02 am »
Thanks, when you say sales pitch is a stretch how do you mean please?

I found the reply i got to be one of the more honest compared to others but then again i dont understand enough about the SPA pools to know if they were telling me the truth.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2015, 09:41:26 pm »
Automatic cleaning stands out. They all do that.
Retired

Wilde1

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 01:36:05 pm »
Many thanks and Understand. The SPA looks great although i must admit i am somewhat concerned with the power of the swim jets but other than that it feels like a good deal

Keen to get other peoples views if possible

gizmodo

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 02:19:05 pm »
I am just curious how you plan on using this.  I hear people talking about using these as both a swim spa and "hot tub".  It seems as though that would be expensive because for swimming you're going to want it in the 70's for temp, but for a spa it would have to be much warmer.  Wouldn't that mean you'd constantly be heating it up and cooling (I have no idea how) it down?

CSC

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 04:01:41 pm »
Hey , hope its not too weird if someone from Canadian Spa pitches into hopefully answer some questions but will try remain as neutral as possible in answering.

@Tman122 Automatic cleaning is more of a confirmation for customer's who are also looking at a hydropool's line of spas and wondering if because have the only "self cleaning swim spas" whether all other swim spas require a great deal of effort. I'm sure Hydropool have some unique selling points but they are incredibly pricey in my opinion. However you are correct all spas are clean themselves but we do add a few extras where it counts e.g. standard ozone system, 200q ft of filtration and of course the standard control systems from Balboa to keep everything in check.

@Wilde1 - Perhaps if its not too far of a drive come give our showroom (near Gatwick airport) a visit - we have the 16ft swim spa running for people to wet test. Sometime's talk can be cheap and its better to give it a go first hand and form your own opinions of the spa.

@Gizmodo - The utilisation of both a swim spa and hot tub section comes from the use of diverter valves therefore by adjusting them any power not used within the swim area can be diverted back to the hot tub section allowing you to either have the most powerful swim current or the best hot tub massage or anything in between. Although it would seem like logic to have two distinct temperatures in the swim spas because of manufacturing it doesn't make any sense - here's why;

The main cost driver on a hot tub is components - to run 2 separate temperature you require - 2 power sources , 2 packs, 2 topsides, two pumps (minimum) , 2 heaters and there fore you essentially are buying a swim spa and a hot tub.

My question is if you are going to buy both , why lump them together awkwardly? why not buy a swim spa and a separate spa to keep at a higher temperature because the cost for both manufacturer and you would be the same or less.

However if you can live with a time lag between getting from 35C (morning swim) to say 39C (BBQ in the evening) then having the hot tub section is essentially a free feature , as we wouldn't charge any less for a swim spa without the hot tub section. There is a cost of heating up and down but the most of my customer's will generally keep the swim spa at 35C normally unless they know they want to use the hot tub either in the evening or next day.

Hope this helps guys

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 05:22:01 pm »
Hey , hope its not too weird if someone from Canadian Spa pitches into hopefully answer some questions but will try remain as neutral as possible in answering.

Welcome to the forum. I try to keep this form a nice balance of end users, technicians and factory experts are always welcome.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

gizmodo

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2015, 10:49:24 am »
Hi CSC, I understand the physical limitations of the system.  I was more trying to get the potential purchaser to actually think about the logistics of using it both ways.  In essence you proved my point that it doesn't really make sense to combine the two.  35 Celsius is 95 Fahrenheit.  That is incredibly warm for any actual exercise.  Most places will say no warmer than 82-84 degrees for lap swimming exercise.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 10:55:17 am by gizmodo »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 06:48:45 pm »
@Wilde1 - Perhaps if its not too far of a drive come give our showroom (near Gatwick airport) a visit - we have the 16ft swim spa running for people to wet test. Sometime's talk can be cheap and its better to give it a go first hand and form your own opinions of the spa.

Wilde make sure to test more than one. You will never know how one feels until you try another. Purchasing 101
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2015, 06:48:45 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42