What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Emerald Spa worth buying?  (Read 7305 times)

pl390

Emerald Spa worth buying?
« on: May 02, 2015, 09:28:36 am »
Well I did it, I bought my first hot tub but I am having second thoughts and joined this site today to ask for some help even though I feel in my heart I know the answer. (Because it kept me up most of the night).  I been looking for tubs in the $6000 range in the metro Detroit area for about six months now, so I went back into my local dealer and got a Good deal on an Emerald 650 Platinum tub. The dealer did tell me that Emerald was not going out of business but just changing their business plan and that they will still be handling warranty and or repair issue is any is needed.

So my question is am I safe with this Emerald tub or should I just kick in the extra $ and keep looking? I have a Coast dealer close by and really liked what they have but at $10 K or more? Jacuzz1 355 at $9500 and now I see a lot of good things said about hot Springs.

Thank you in advance,

Hot Tub Forum

Emerald Spa worth buying?
« on: May 02, 2015, 09:28:36 am »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Emerald Spa worth buying?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2015, 11:32:59 am »
Emerald has stopped making tubs but for know they are honoring warranties from what I've heard.  How long that lasts is anybodies guess.  Good thing is all the parts are generic so availability shouldn't be a issue.  Nordic makes a solid tub in that price range as well.  Some other tubs to look at would be hot spot line by hot spring, 200 series jacuzzi, celebrity or e series by marquis and there are others.  Emerald tubs are decent the only thing that would worry me is if the factory stopped honoring warranties by filing bankruptcy.  I can't remember any manufacturer who stopped making tubs but still honored warranties in the past.  Good luck in your decision making

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2015, 01:52:56 pm »
If your looking for a nice big/deep tub with a lounge for well under 10k check out: http://www.hotspring.com/shop-hot-tub-models/hotspot/6-person-hot-tubs-tempo-value-priced-hot-tubs

read through the reviews, nice big powerful tub with nice 2lb insulation, minimal (but nice) features for a helluva price...awesome value imho

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2015, 06:49:11 pm »
As I recall, Emerald stopped making spas because other aspects of their business were FAR more profitable, hence they simply decided to discontinue making spas. I doubt a bankruptcy is in their future.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2015, 08:47:37 pm »
As I recall, Emerald stopped making spas because other aspects of their business were FAR more profitable, hence they simply decided to discontinue making spas. I doubt a bankruptcy is in their future.

I didn't realize they were involved in other ventures

pl390

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2015, 09:54:37 pm »
I did look at the hot springs Hot spot and the Flare today, both very nice. TC hot springs can you tell me how the Hot Spot is compared to the Flare and if the speaker radio is worth the extra money? The Hot Spot is about $200 more than the Emerald and $2800 more than the Flare.

Last question is the Flare worth the extra $2600 over the Hot Spot? 

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 01:11:58 pm »
I did look at the hot springs Hot spot and the Flare today, both very nice. TC hot springs can you tell me how the Hot Spot is compared to the Flare and if the speaker radio is worth the extra money? The Hot Spot is about $200 more than the Emerald and $2800 more than the Flare.

Last question is the Flare worth the extra $2600 over the Hot Spot?

Both are great tubs with the same insulation and overall build quality...the Flair adds: more lights, 24 hr silent circulation pump, exterior indicator light, 5/7 yr warranty vs. 2/5 yr on the Hot Spot, larger LCD display, Salt System capable, etc. etc....those are all great upgrades on paper, its up to you to decide if there is enough value to add up to $2,600 in extra cost....we sell a ton of Flair/Pulse and also Rhythm/Tempo models and I rarely hear "I wish I would of went with XYZ instead"

Sam

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 04:46:43 pm »
Artesian's South Pacific line has some really solid, well made hot tubs in that price range.  I also agree with the above mentioned like Jacuzzi 200 series and Marquis celebrity series.  They are good entry level spas.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2015, 04:46:43 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42