What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J480 Help  (Read 3350 times)

tryin

Jacuzzi J480 Help
« on: April 12, 2015, 10:00:13 pm »
First Post, long time lurker.  Need some help diagnosing an issue with my 2006 J480.  The top control panel was dead, and found that the 30a fuse had blown.  Replace the fuse and refilled with water.  ICE came up on top side panel and started heating, all normal from past experience.  Got up next morning and ICE and OH were flashing and all pumps on, temp was 118!   I shut off GFCI and left until I could come home.  Turned on tub when I got home and all was normal.  Tub worked great all week until last night.  Got up this morning and OH (overheat) was flashing and all pumps were on (114 degrees).  Obviously, I haven't been able to catch it in action, as in, is the heater not cutting off, it seems to be doing it as I'm sleeping at night.  Any ideas?  I'm not getting any error messages until it decides it wants to run away.  I'm not sure if the heater is not shutting off causing the temp increases or if it is starting all the pumps for no reason and that is heating the water up to the OH code.  I'm thinking the heater is causing the problems and then it turns the pumps on when it detects the overheat, as it is supposed to.  I replaced heater about 2 years ago as it was no longer heating, has been fine since.  Dearly love the tub and would appreciate any help.  Don't care to call the service man as I've seemed to have better luck fixing myself in past.  THANKS!

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J480 Help
« on: April 12, 2015, 10:00:13 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Jacuzzi J480 Help
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 10:11:15 pm »
Bad sensors

tryin

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 10:37:57 pm »
Appreciate the feedback.  Bad temperature sensor?  According to the manual, there is an error code for sensor failure and which sensor that would be.  Haven't seen any error codes for sensors.  I'm assuming it going to be hard to troubleshoot as tub is working normal 90 percent of the time.  Just got out of it, working great last two nights.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 10:37:57 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42