What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: made a hole in my hot tub cover  (Read 2673 times)

hanexs

made a hole in my hot tub cover
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:35:16 am »
Hi all,

So I brought my glasses into the hot tub (why dont i leave them inside?), and forgot about them, and then when I close the lid on them, they made a small pinsized hold into my lid.   

Should I worry about this?  My concern is it may go through the plastic and start getting the styrofoam wet.  Its a really small hole though.   Perhaps a drop or two of silicone to seal it up"?

Hot Tub Forum

made a hole in my hot tub cover
« on: March 30, 2015, 10:35:16 am »

leweezo

Re: made a hole in my hot tub cover
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 11:21:46 am »
i did the same thing..  over time my cover filled with water and got much heavier and some say that makes it less insulating..  I would fix it if I were you, but I have o advice on how but I am sure it's not too tuff

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:53:58 pm »
"Some" say it's less insulating? I can't imagine anyone saying it wouldn't be. Water is not an insulator, and in fact will quickly suck out heat.

Anyway, fix the hole. You'll need to unzip the cover and find the hole in the polyethylene wrap around the foam core. Stick a piece of PVC tape (electrical tape) over it. Don't worry about the hole in the vinyl.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

andrewjohn1317

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 07:09:37 am »
Yes , i did the same thing, In my case also hole become to small so i make a hole in tub

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 07:09:37 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42