What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bummer...My First Leak!  (Read 2396 times)

H2OTub

Bummer...My First Leak!
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:18:53 pm »
Went to get in the tub tonight, and hear a little trickling when I take the cover off. Take a closer look, and the water level is down to the top of the weir!

Well no tubbing tonight. Had to break out the LED work lights, and a rubber mallet so I could get my frozen steps out from the front of the tub. At least the leak was easy to find. It's the first connection past the T fitting in the circ pump. Looks like its split half way around the tubing. I put a little pressure on it so the water is only a small drip right now, and put some more water in the tub.

Warranty call tomorrow. At least it wasn't 10 below like its been most of February. 30 out...heat wave.

Hot Tub Forum

Bummer...My First Leak!
« on: March 09, 2015, 10:18:53 pm »

Quickbeam

Re: Bummer...My First Leak!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2015, 10:22:28 pm »
Sorry to hear about your leak. What tub do you have?

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 07:35:27 am »
I'm glad it was easy to find, I know my tub has been surrounded by ice and snow for a month.  50s this week though!
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

H2OTub

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 03:46:52 pm »
Had it fixed this afternoon. Took maybe 5 minutes. Turned out to be a small check valve on the circulation pump line, not just a straight fitting like I thought it was.

The hard plastic valve cracked halfway around where the softer plastic line connected to it. It could have been from icing, the valve is right next to the skirt.  We've had plenty of sub zero nights, and days where it would barely get above zero. If I put just the right pressure against it, it wouldn't leak, so maybe its been cracked for awhile, and it finally shifted just right.

Anyway it's up and running. 2014 Limelight Flair, purchased in October.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 07:07:53 pm »
Try and get some insulation around it. Between the skirt and it. But be careful in warmer temps
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 07:07:53 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42