What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Opinions on Hot Springs vs Bull Frog  (Read 23595 times)

Debbie Rice

Opinions on Hot Springs vs Bull Frog
« on: February 08, 2015, 09:34:27 pm »
I am looking to purchase a new hot tub.  I have had one in the past and loved it however when we moved we left it with our house.  I always thought Hot Springs was the best but now I wet tested a Bull Frog and I really liked it.  I don't know anyone who has a Bull Frog to know if they like it or if they have had any problems with it.  I have not wet tested a Hot Springs.  I like the idea of the jet packs but wonder if it's a marketing tactic.  I doubt most people would move them around.  Is one more energy efficient than the other?  I know Hot Springs you can go salt water but I don't think Bull Frog offers that. I am looking at A8L Bull Frog.  I would love to here your thoughts, insights and experiences.  Thank you so much!

Hot Tub Forum

Opinions on Hot Springs vs Bull Frog
« on: February 08, 2015, 09:34:27 pm »

Jamechar2012

Hotspring Grandee owner since April 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 10:03:56 pm »
In just under 3 years we have had more major componants replaced then you can shake a stick at.  we paid $12,000, which included the Ace system.  We have had the xontrol panel replaced 3 times, twice within the first year, circulater pump replaced, heater replaced, Ace system replaced, AND our cover lifter has had parts replaced 12 time (the gas spring and lock). Each and every time Wakins acted as though we were the first customers that have had any issues.  It was very frustrating to have spent so much money, to find out MAJOR componants fail within a very short time.  When our cover lifter parts kept breaking, and we spoke with Keith at Watkins and said this was very unsafe for these to break while you are in th hottub, as the cover could fall on you.  he said he was baffled!!   It took 2 years and 10 calls and emails and 12 replacement parts before they would replace the cradle system with someting safer.   the Ace system is wonderful when it works,,  much cleaner water, nice smell, less work.   But, very expensive to replace.   Watkins fails to tell you how long it will last (at least they didnt in 2012). They, also, fail to tell you that your cover will get "water logged" and could cause the lifter to fail, and collapse on you!!!  We replaced parts to the lifter in less than a year, so I doubt it was "water logged" then..  We have kept details on our service calls, replacement parts etc.  It may be wise to check other spa companies.   watkins did end up replacing a lot of parts, but it takes awhile to get their attention.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 10:11:49 pm by Jamechar2012 »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Opinions on Hot Springs vs Bull Frog
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 07:31:06 am »
Interesting two new users create new accounts, both from AOL addresses (Who still uses AOL?) and post about the same topic, call me interested and watching.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Debbie Rice

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 08:53:51 am »
What does AOL have to do with our question?  I thought this forum was for advice and help?   Just wondering.   :-\

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 11:01:36 am »
While this forum IS for advice and help, that doesn't in any way detour, people spamming, using it to bad mouth their competitors (e.g. dealers making up stories about another dealer down the street), or consumers using it to unfairly attempt to blackmail the manufacturer of their spa.

What wmccall is saying is that it is VERY suspicious when two first time users come along and create a new account within 1/2 hour of each other, and post in the same thread about the same thing. It becomes even more suspicious when both accounts use the same email provider, and it's a free provider
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 11:13:17 am »
Interesting two new users create new accounts, both from AOL addresses (Who still uses AOL?) and post about the same topic, call me interested and watching.

What immense patience shown waiting almost a full half hour after tying the lamb to the stake before releasing the wolf.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Debbie Rice

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 12:06:13 pm »
I don't know anything about spam or another person having AOL.  I am 58 years old and have never changed my email address because I am not tech savvy!  How sad to ask a sincere question and get this kind of response!  I guess you don't help people with AOL addresses!  I am sorry to bother you! 

gizmodo

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 12:41:49 pm »
The two posts seem like a setup, that's all. 

At any rate, my wife and I were originally considering a Bullfrog.  We wet tested it and really liked it, but when we asked for a price afterward the sales guy turned into a used car salesman.  We ended up with an Envoy NXT.  We liked that tub better and the dealership experience was much better.  If you read around this forum you'll see people make the statement that the dealership is one of the most important parts of the purchase, as long as you're buying from a top tier brand.  Both of those brands are good, but don't limit yourself, shop around and wet test as much as possible and buy what you like the best.

Debbie Rice

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 01:00:48 pm »
Thank you for your advice Gizmodo.  I don't know what you mean by set up.  As a person wanting to make the best choice for my family I thought after I posted I would get tons of input.  Instead I felt I was being bullied when I was just asking a honest question.  I don't know what others do, I just taken back by the remarks.  If this was a wrong question, you can ban me and I will look elsewhere for feedback!  I would just caution you that not everyone is out to get you!  Thanks again!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 02:31:28 pm »
 Both are good brands.  Wet test is important if you are comfortable with it.  Bullfrog has it's own features as well as the HS.  HS might be on the higher end of the price scale depending on which mdl you are looking at.     Pick a spa you like and also picking a dealer you are comfortable with can sometimes out weigh the brand of spa.    Sounds like the guy bashing his HS had a very poor dealer.   

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 06:27:16 pm »
I like the idea of the jet packs but wonder if it's a marketing tactic.  I doubt most people would move them around.  Is one more energy efficient than the other?

Two things. Yes it is marketing on the jet packs. I prefer to move to a different seat for a different feel rather than purchasing/ moving jet paks. And HS is likely one of, if not the most energy efficient tubs on the market today.

Find comfort in your butt (wet test and wallet) and your dealer.
Retired

Debbie Rice

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 07:29:52 pm »
Thank you for your input!  I truly do appreciate it!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 07:46:46 pm »
I like the idea of the jet packs but wonder if it's a marketing tactic.  I doubt most people would move them around.  Is one more energy efficient than the other?

Two things. Yes it is marketing on the jet packs. I prefer to move to a different seat for a different feel rather than purchasing/ moving jet paks. And HS is likely one of, if not the most energy efficient tubs on the market today.

Find comfort in your butt (wet test and wallet) and your dealer.

Yes the packs are bit gimmicky, but you also have 16 to choose from.   Honestly I really like it for the lounge seat if they want the lounge.   Least your not stuck with the same jet configuration there.    So far we have done really well with Bull Frog.   At some point I could  I can see them pushing Jacuzzi off the floor.      I have heard they have been doing the same at some HS dealers as well as others, like Sundance and Jacuzzi.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 09:34:16 pm »
You'll have to change your name Jim.
Retired

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 11:21:15 am »
You'll have to change your name Jim.

How bout Bull-cuzzi Jim
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 11:21:15 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42