What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Filters??  (Read 2354 times)

donnaduck

Filters??
« on: February 06, 2015, 09:34:07 pm »
Our new Hot Springs Aria tub will be delivered on Monday!  (which happens to be our 6 month anniversary  :-*)

We have well water - house has a softener/filter and we also have unfiltered well water spigot as well.  Our dealer mentioned a Hot Springs fresh start .... "pre filter" -- $80.  Seems to me, its like a charcoal filter of some sort - says it will last 5 years of 5,000 gallons?  I can't imagine a filter lasting that long.

You guys who are all much more knowledgeable than I am  -- any thoughts??   I believe it will attach to the hose for filling the tub?

I am going tomorrow to get the water analyzed - both with our regular house/spigot water as well as the completely natural from the well spigot to see what we are looking at.

Just wondering  about this "prefilter"

Thanks you all!

Hot Tub Forum

Filters??
« on: February 06, 2015, 09:34:07 pm »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: Filters??
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 12:54:09 pm »
you could skip the pre-filter if you can run your softened/filtered water from the house to the spa...still may want to have the pre-filter on hand if you will be "topping off" the tub from your exterior spigot though, and yes a good quality filter will run $75-$125

donnaduck

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 10:21:06 am »
Thanks!   Oh, can't wait to come home from work tomorrow with a new spa on the deck!  Woo Hoo!!!

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 11:19:48 am »
you could skip the pre-filter if you can run your softened/filtered water from the house to the spa...still may want to have the pre-filter on hand if you will be "topping off" the tub from your exterior spigot though, and yes a good quality filter will run $75-$125

A 50-50 mix of soft water and regular water through the pre-filter is a good idea but you shouldn't fill the entire spa with soft water.

The pre-filter probably lasts 5 years because they assume you're going to use it to fill the spa only 3 times per year or so.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 11:19:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42