What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: need advice  (Read 3721 times)

murgurl

need advice
« on: July 07, 2004, 10:16:23 pm »
Hi,Im new to this site..Thanks for all the good info!!! Questions, We have narrowed down to three spas. Jacuzzi 315, Sundance capri, Hot springs Jettsetter. As you may assume our space is limited. One issue is the only area for the spa to sit is on pavers with a 3x3 open gravel pit! (long story)..Jacuzzi gut says no problem ABS bottom...HS no problem... Sundance, the one we are leaning towards ,not sure...Also whats the greatest difference 110 vs 220? Cost? Power? I understand about heater and pumps at the same time, but do I care with such a small spa??  Thanks for any info you may have

Hot Tub Forum

need advice
« on: July 07, 2004, 10:16:23 pm »

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
Re: need advice
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 10:24:19 pm »
Any of the 3 are fine,i say different if you were going to get a bigger spa.Johnny Thunders

murgurl

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 10:41:46 pm »
any thoughts on the pavers or 110vs 220?

johnnythunders

• Jacuzzi J-355
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 11:06:22 pm »
220 you will have lower bills in the winter.....Johnny Thunders

Wisoki

• YEEEEEEhaw
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 12:47:02 am »
The amount of money you spend on your utility bill will be the same either way you go. The advantage of 220 over 110 is the ability to use the heater and full speed pumps at the same time. Weather you use 1.5 kw for 5 hours or 5.5kw for 1 hour, the consumption is the same. As far as pavers go, I would get in writing that your dealer has approved this foundation for placement of your spa and will cover any potentail warranty issue (shell and structural) that MAY occure. If you read most every manufacturers warranty, their structural warranty disclaims any benefit IF the spa is not installed on a flat level SOLID surface, such as a reinforced deck or cement slab. GET IT IN WRITING.
If you like it and you want it BUY IT!

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 10:55:57 am »
Wisoki makes a good point.  I got my dealer to sign off on the surface that was prepared for the tub.  I showed them the plans on what was going to be done and before the lowered the tub via crane I had them look and put on the delivery sheet that they had taken note of the site and met their and SUndance's requirements.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 10:55:57 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42