What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Moving Along  (Read 5069 times)

Chief Kyle

Moving Along
« on: January 15, 2015, 11:38:13 pm »
We have been looking at tubs for awhile now and have it narrowed down to the followings: 
HotSprings Envoy or Aria; Marquis Epic or Reward

We set up a wet test with both dealers, but it concerned me when the HotSprings dealer told me they only had the Envoy filled and ready and would not have the Aria set up or would set it up because they are "similar."  I protested with the "If I'm going to spend over 10 grand, I want to be sure.

Is this a normal practice...are the Envoy and Aria that similar?  Marquis has both of their tubs wet.

Thanks for any input; more questions to come

Hot Tub Forum

Moving Along
« on: January 15, 2015, 11:38:13 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Moving Along
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 07:54:42 am »
It varies from place to place.  I haven't looked at the Aria enough to evaluate that statement. You can wet test one model and imagine how it feels in a similar model.   I'm fortunate to have  a dealer with a first class testing room and 5 or so tubs on the main floor. After trying at least 5 tubs, I saw a model I thought I would like and while similar, it was the smallest of all the tubs I tried. I was able to get them to switch it out if I gave them two weeks.  It helped that the dealer wanted to test that model himself. 

Ask him how often they rotate the ones they fill. 
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Chief Kyle

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 09:52:13 am »
We (wife, daughter and I) are going tomorrow to wet test, I will ask that question.  Thank you.

Quickbeam

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 12:25:29 pm »
When we were buying a tub, we were pretty sure we knew the tub we wanted. The dealer actually brought that tub in for us to wet test. After testing it however, my wife and I both floated out of the lounger. We then wanted to wet test the same size tub, without the lounger. They had the tub, but didn’t want to set it up for a wet test, so instead had us test a bit bigger tub with most of the same jets, etc. We ended up buying the tub they did not set up for the wet test, based on our test of the similar, yet bigger tub. We have been very happy with our purchase. And in case you wanted to know, the initial tub we tested was the Jacuzzi J-335 (this is the one that we floated out of the lounger). We then wanted to test the Jacuzzi J-345, but instead tested I think it was the J-365. We bought the J-345 based on our test of the J-365.

I should also say that our dealer was really good to us and as I mentioned they brought in the J-335 for us to wet test. We didn’t insist on wet testing the J-345 as it looked like the J-345 and the J-365 were similar, it was just that the J-365 was a little bigger.

Hope this helps.

gizmodo

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2015, 03:51:18 pm »
My wife and I just bought an Envoy.  Our dealer had both the Envoy and Aria filled.  We started in the Envoy and then went to the Aria.  The Aria felt noticeably smaller, which is something we would not have known without sitting in it.  I would push for them to fill both tubs so you can get a feel for them.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 04:00:12 pm »
My wife and I just bought an Envoy.  Our dealer had both the Envoy and Aria filled.  We started in the Envoy and then went to the Aria.  The Aria felt noticeably smaller, which is something we would not have known without sitting in it.  I would push for them to fill both tubs so you can get a feel for them.

The salesman is right in that the Jets will feel "similar"...but the Aria will feel smaller as far as interior space goes, it is also 36" deep vs 38" on the Envoy...and if exterior looks are any part of the buying decision the Envoy can come with the NXT upgrade whereas the Aria does not...both awesome tubs though, Aria is my fav. tub overall, I fit in every seat perfectly and the jets rock in that thing

Chief Kyle

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2015, 07:41:01 pm »
Thank you all,

I will turn off my "I'm suspicious " radar; but I think I will sit in the Aria dry to get a feel for it...I am a larger guy.

Things I am looking at, and in no particular order:  quality product, good product history, good customer service and of course a good hydro-therapudic experience.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 08:07:02 pm »
Thank you all,

I will turn off my "I'm suspicious " radar; but I think I will sit in the Aria dry to get a feel for it...I am a larger guy.

Things I am looking at, and in no particular order:  quality product, good product history, good customer service and of course a good hydro-therapudic experience.

well you've found it in either of those tubs... basically if your  6'1" - 6'2" or taller and 225+ lbs (rough estimates based on my experience over the years, your mileage may vary) your going to most likely "fit" better in the Envoy because of the lack of the lack of cool down seat, 2 inches more depth, and of course slightly larger dimensions which of course = more interior space.  Again just what I've seen, if you manage to test both you'll know right away which tub will suit you better.  Please let us know how everything turns out

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 08:07:02 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42