What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New rule for my tub.... NO T-shirts and shorts.... UGH  (Read 4658 times)

JayGrooms

New rule for my tub.... NO T-shirts and shorts.... UGH
« on: January 04, 2015, 12:55:51 pm »
Well it finally happened to me, usually I'm pretty stern with the "No freshly laundered suits in the tub"...  Well I was not home, my wife and her two sisters went in the tub with the kids...  None of the sisters had suits so they wore some of my old t-shirts and shorts...  I believe the pictures speak for themselves....

open the cover to find this...

After about 20 minutes of scooping the suds out and adding WAY more defoam than I would like to.

Getting there, time to shock.

About an hour later.... ALMOST clear again

And we just had a huge ice storm and the temps are about to dip to about -10*f - Not ideal weather for a water change.

At least my wife now understands why I am so firm about what people wear  :)

Hot Tub Forum

New rule for my tub.... NO T-shirts and shorts.... UGH
« on: January 04, 2015, 12:55:51 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: New rule for my tub.... NO T-shirts and shorts.... UGH
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2015, 03:14:22 pm »
Keep working on it. Superchlorinating helps also.
Retired

JayGrooms

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 03:51:23 pm »
Exactly what I did, crystal clear again today.   ;D

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 07:04:03 am »
Amen,

Depending on where you are, sometimes its worth it to dump and start over. (Not an option here today at 13F.)   One tip, I;'ve found the anti-foam is more effective if you put in in a spray bottle and spray it directly on the foam and then a few hours later rinse the filters.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

JayGrooms

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 08:09:40 am »
funny that you mention the weather, I was just complaining about it to my wife.  It's -3* right now without any wind..... BRRRRR!!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 03:43:30 pm »
first time hot tub shopper = "yes there is only 4 in our family but we want an 8 person hot tub, we just love to entertain and have friends/family over"

second time hot tub shopper = "I only want one big enough for the wife and I, screw the kids and their friends, if they want to use one they can buy one and maintain it"

8)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 06:24:51 pm »
LOL

Kids can have friends in the tub 3-4 times a year. The day before I drain and refill.

Retired

JayGrooms

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 08:49:39 pm »
first time hot tub shopper = "yes there is only 4 in our family but we want an 8 person hot tub, we just love to entertain and have friends/family over"

second time hot tub shopper = "I only want one big enough for the wife and I, screw the kids and their friends, if they want to use one they can buy one and maintain it"

8)

Sad thing is that this is my 4th tub....  Guess I never learn :o :o

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 01:19:25 pm »

8)

That's almost us. Bought a 7 person tub the first time. For years it was  myself, wife and daughter. Only 1 time in 9 years did we have 7 in it.   Its rare we had 4.   2nd tub is technically a 5 person tub, but we definitely downsized.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 07:46:18 pm »
funny that you mention the weather, I was just complaining about it to my wife.  It's -3* right now without any wind..... BRRRRR!!

They say -20 tonight here in Northern Minnesota yikes.........
Retired

JayGrooms

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »
-13 here (Northern Illinois) and I just got out of the tub.....  Remind me why I live here again???

Also, Cover is getting kind of old...  I know there are a couple of cover manufacturers on the board...  Whoever you are, can you chime in so I can start shopping for a new cover...

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42