What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J495 refill procedure with pump (impulsively added water through hose)  (Read 4239 times)

jacuzzifan

Hi guys,

I've had a J-495 for around 6 months now, and while it (unfortunately) has an extremely small bather load, one of the pump 3 foot jets is clogged with something, and I feel that now would be a good time to perform a deep cleaning/refill. I also impulsively added some water the other day through a hose and am worried I might have an "air lock". The light is not red and there are no fault messages. If bailing out water with a bucket enough so that I don't have to do this, or manually removing head of jet and cleaning somewhere else (sanitizer levels are good... using a spa frog) would solve the problem that would be ideal, but if it needs to be refilled these are the steps I'm planning

1. with power on get in tub and manually open all jets and leave them that way

2. turn power at outside breaker and home breaker off.

3. place (unplugged pump) gently into bottom of tub and with cord well clear of water... plug in extension cord...

4. once all the water the pump can take out is out, unplug, remove pump, and use a wet dry vac, or even a towel to remove any excess water.

5.gently get in tub and remove clogged jet, check for debris etc

6. refill tub with water through hose placed directly inside of tub.

7 when water level is above lowest jet remove hose

8 turn on power to hot tub at both breakers

This is my first time doing this, so if anyone sees any potential pitfalls, or potential danger, any help would be greatly appreciated! And once again, if it's safe to remove the jet "head" from the tub and manually clean it without having to do any of this that would be ideal, as the water itself is very clean.

Thank you very much

Hot Tub Forum

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
1. Call your dealer, tell them your 6 month old spa has a jet that's not working, and let them take care of it under warranty.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
1. Call your dealer, tell them your 6 month old spa has a jet that's not working, and let them take care of it under warranty.

This ^   As far as draining you can use a pump, the spa also comes equipped with a larger drain on the side in the ABS base along with the smaller garden hose drain as well.   

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42