What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Spring -- To Ozone or Not to Ozone?  (Read 8069 times)

mushigaga

Hot Spring -- To Ozone or Not to Ozone?
« on: December 19, 2014, 05:37:04 pm »
I am purchasing a Hot Spring Rhythm this week and I have an option to buy it with an ozone system or not. I would like to hear your opinion on whether I should get it. I read some previous threads here and wasn't able to get a clear picture. If it is a maintenance hassle and I keep having to buy parts every few months I would rather go without it.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Spring -- To Ozone or Not to Ozone?
« on: December 19, 2014, 05:37:04 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Hot Spring -- To Ozone or Not to Ozone?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 07:19:34 pm »
I am purchasing a Hot Spring Rhythm this week and I have an option to buy it with an ozone system or not. I would like to hear your opinion on whether I should get it. I read some previous threads here and wasn't able to get a clear picture. If it is a maintenance hassle and I keep having to buy parts every few months I would rather go without it.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
It is only effective when filter cycles are working.  It is not a hassle.  You will not need to replace parts every few months.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Rotten1965

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 10:29:27 am »
You are considering a HOT SPOT Rhythm which is made by Watkins which also makes Hot Spring Spas. The Rhythm is NOT a Hot Spring model and does not include a circulation pump or a ozonator those are options that you would have to upgrade to. Did the salesperson tell you that the jet pumps are 2 speed and cycle off and on throughout the day to filter your water? They can be some what noisey and only come with a 2 year parts warranty. You might want to look into the Hot Spring Limelight series which has a circulation pump and a ozanator installed from the factory. They also have a 5 year parts warranty. This time of the year you should be able find some great pricing from your local dealer. Floor model and last of the 2014 models should save you big $$$ this time of the year. I think you would be much happier going with a Hot Spring Spa over any of the Hot Spot Spas. Better features and better warranty will make your Hot Tub ownership a better experience! Shoot me a message with any other questions you may have. Good luck and happy hot tubbing!

ericelyse

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 02:40:52 pm »
Had a spa for 4 month  now with an ozonator included, didn't had to replace any parts. Filtering 12hrs/day.  Love it so far

gizmodo

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 03:16:58 pm »
I don't know much about ozonators, but I would suggest you test a tub with one.  When my wife and I were wet testing we tested a tub with the Ace Saltwater System and then got into a tub without the Ace system, but it had an ozonator.  We did not know that when we got in, but as soon as I got in I noticed a smell.  I asked Eric (TwinCitiesHotSpring on here) what the smell was.  He said it was from the ozonator.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad smell but it is a very distinct smell.  If you've ever been in a welding shop or a machine shop, bumper cars at an amusement park or anywhere with a lot of electric motors you'll recognize it.  To some it may not be a bother, but both my wife and I didn't like it at all.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 03:23:13 pm by gizmodo »

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 01:15:58 pm »
You are considering a HOT SPOT Rhythm which is made by Watkins which also makes Hot Spring Spas. The Rhythm is NOT a Hot Spring model and does not include a circulation pump or a ozonator those are options that you would have to upgrade to. Did the salesperson tell you that the jet pumps are 2 speed and cycle off and on throughout the day to filter your water? They can be some what noisey and only come with a 2 year parts warranty. You might want to look into the Hot Spring Limelight series which has a circulation pump and a ozanator installed from the factory. They also have a 5 year parts warranty. This time of the year you should be able find some great pricing from your local dealer. Floor model and last of the 2014 models should save you big $$$ this time of the year. I think you would be much happier going with a Hot Spring Spa over any of the Hot Spot Spas. Better features and better warranty will make your Hot Tub ownership a better experience! Shoot me a message with any other questions you may have. Good luck and happy hot tubbing!

We sell Rhythm and Relay's by the truckload, there a damn nice hottub for the money...what kind of dilussion moronic sales pitch is this?

Rotten1965

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 04:15:05 pm »
Dilussion? is that a word? LOL! Sales pitch? Just letting the OP know that Hot Spots do not come with a circulation pump or a ozonator. If you want to add those to the spa then your looking at a price point closer to the Hot Spring Limelight series which is a better spa. Also sounds like the OP talked with a salesperson who didn't explain that a Rhythm is NOT a Hot Spring but a Hot Spot, Big difference! I work with a few sales people that like to pitch the Hot Spot as the same as a Hot Spring when they aren't even close. As a Hot Spring dealer you are selling the best made tubs in the industry so why would you settle on selling a Hot Spot? Your job as a sales professional is to explain the differences and show your customers that Hot Spring spas are a better value than a Hot Spot/competetor. Cost of ownership vs cost of purchase, Guaranteed montly operating costs on all Highlife series spas, better warranty etc.... But hey, you sell Hot Spots by the truckload so every sales person that disagrees with you is "Moronic". So when are you changing the company name to TwinCitiesHotSpot? PM me and I will gladly give you my contact number and talk tubs anytime. But sharing valuable information with a potential customer is hardly "Moronic" and trash talking/bad mouthing a fellow Hot Spring salesperson is something I would expect from the competition. Win The Day Brother!

Hot Spring Ace

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 09:23:52 pm »

Everything you say makes sense except some customers have a budget that they aren't going to move off enough to move up to a Highlife or Limelight despite the better features, longer warranty, better jets... and in such cases the Hot Spot is a good choice.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 09:23:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42