What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: what's the proper way to test the voltage to the heater element  (Read 14460 times)

TwinCitiesHotSpring

Re: what's the proper way to test the voltage to the heater element
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 06:23:31 pm »
And Dr Spa had it correct in his post and all the rest of you quizzlings never even needed to respond.
 Now...who in here can give the proper way to check a heating element without even having the power on?

OP asked the time...and every service tech on the forum wants to tell him how the watch was built  :P :P

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 06:23:31 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 10:45:06 pm »
Without power, check resistance. But as I said this gets tricky. Can you tell us what brand of heater? Could be listed as part of the control pac? Can you disassemble it? Get the tube in your hand? Different sizes of heaters have different resistance values and while your getting resistance between the terminals whats the right resistance? Follow?

Follow??? LOL, I know my trade well, and if you are a professional....you are able to decipher all this out I will presume. One of these days, this forum is going to get a complete novice electrocuted by giving them advise to do something they should never attempt.

My bad for assuming Kev B was the OP He must be an electrician but not to good with PC skills. I fixed it for him.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 10:45:06 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42