What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Waiting on my new Jacuzzi J-480 - Questions  (Read 3434 times)

TVGuy

Waiting on my new Jacuzzi J-480 - Questions
« on: November 11, 2014, 05:34:47 pm »
Good afternoon all,

Ordered our J-480 on November 1st and hoping to have it in and filled roughly the first week of December. Days moving slowly!

I'll continue to follow up in this thread, but we have not decided on which route to take on Bromine Vs. ProClear. Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

Hot Tub Forum

Waiting on my new Jacuzzi J-480 - Questions
« on: November 11, 2014, 05:34:47 pm »

Topline Mike

Re: Waiting on my new Jacuzzi J-480 - Questions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2014, 07:20:53 pm »
I used bromine in my first fill with my new used Jacuzzi J375.  It worked great.  The next fill I tried the dichlor then bleach method.  It worked even better, with clearer water.  I will never go back to bromine. 

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2014, 07:42:34 am »
Good afternoon all,

Ordered our J-480 on November 1st and hoping to have it in and filled roughly the first week of December. Days moving slowly!

I'll continue to follow up in this thread, but we have not decided on which route to take on Bromine Vs. ProClear. Thoughts?

Thank you in advance!

Welcome to the forum.  I'm guessing your dealer will give you a starter pack of chemicals the day your tub is delivered. They do this so you will continue to buy from them.   They can be a good source of information and help in the early days of your tub and they do usually have some idea of what works for the water in your area.  Try that out and see how it works for you. You will have years to try something else if it doesn't go to your satisfaction.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

TVGuy

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 09:20:40 am »
Yes, my understanding is 3 months of chems, or close. I have to make the decision for Bromine or ProClear (N2) and they didn't have a definitive opinion about which was better. I know they know what they are doing, for perspective - the same company built and serviced my parents pool before I was born in the early 70's. Was just wondering what the forum thought about the difference in those two products. Thanks!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2014, 09:20:40 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42