What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Down to 2?  Thoughts on Optima and Piper Glen?  (Read 9138 times)

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
Down to 2?  Thoughts on Optima and Piper Glen?
« on: June 21, 2004, 11:29:48 pm »
Any Sundance Optima or Artesian Piper Glen owners out there?

We're in the hunt for a spa and may have narrowed the search to either a Sundance Optima or an Artesian Piper Glen.  Anyone out there own either and can give some pros and cons?

So far, our big 'pro' for the Piper Glen is the 5 pumps (1 per corner seat and one for foot/whirlpool) and they are all variable speed.  There are 4 VERY good corner seats and we love how you can really control each seat and to get the fullest flow you don't need to take away from another seat with a diverter.

Big 'pro' for us with the Optima is the Air Jets.  There's something about that cold air that we both like.  They also seem to be more popular with many good things written about them.  It's much harder to find info on the Artesian.

Bottom line is that we like them both and didn't know if there was any other things we should consider if we were trying to pick between the two.

Ken
« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 11:30:32 pm by bulmer4nc »
Home of the Stanley Cup Champions!!!

Hot Tub Forum

Down to 2?  Thoughts on Optima and Piper Glen?
« on: June 21, 2004, 11:29:48 pm »

Mendocino101

• Ultimate Member
  • never ask for what you are not willing to give
Re: Down to 2?  Thoughts on Optima and Piper Glen?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 12:20:34 am »
I am not sure if this will help you...I have heard owners say nothing but good things about the piper glen...however they are all newer owners....unsure if they hold up long term..as..I have also heard it said that those 4 or 5 pumps they use are almost like large fish tanks motors...again....I have only heard it said and do not know if it is accurate...but if they had any kind of amerage draw they would have to be very small.....if you like the piper glen...I would see for sure what type of motors they are using.....
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 12:35:24 am by Mendocino101 »

SpaAngel

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 01:33:07 am »
Artesian Piper Glen owner here!!!!  Love it!!!!  Can't speak on the longevity of this spa, however, as we just got it installed last Fri.  So far so good (can't stay out of it -- and as a matter of fact, just got in from a good soak).  A true hydrotherapy spa.  Love the fact that we do not have to deal with many diverter valves (I say many, as there are two).  Also, this is probably the most quiet spa we wet-tested (IMHO).  One last thing -- the Piper Glen has below-water neck jets (which aids in keeping this lovely little spa quiet).

Like you, we were torn between the Sundance Cameo and this spa.  The deciding factor was actually the air jets on the Cameo lounger.  Got a stinging/burning sensation when legs rested on them.  I have read other posts where people state they love the air jets, and some people choose to not use them at all.

I think you can't go wrong with either spa -- so make a decision already and get soaking!   :)

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 08:35:03 am »
Optima owner here.  Have the tub just past a year, and so far are happy.  Never heard of your other model, so I cant be of help there.  I'd be happy to answer any specific Optima questions you may have.  
Brewman

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 09:47:49 am »
Optima owner here too. Also never heard of the other brand. Love the Optima and can't seem to get enough of it.  I strongly recommend that you wet test both a number of times and decide which is more comfortable for you.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 09:53:19 am »
For those of you not familiar with the Artesian here's a link to the Piper Glen on their website:

http://www.artesianspas.com/showroom/platinum/piper.asp

Ken
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 11:06:17 am by bulmer4nc »

doodoo

• Sundance Optima Owner - and lovin' it
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 10:23:30 am »
What a beautiful tub. Looks very similar to the Optima. You are going to have a tough time choosing.

spahappy

• Mind body and soul therapy right in my backyard.
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 11:22:26 am »
WOW! Great looking spa. How many jets in that thing?
Have you compared the two warranties? The more parts, jets, pumps, bells ext. on a spa the better the warranty should be.
With all things  being equal, go with the spa that has the features that mean the most to you. Test soak(wet test) both again if need be.
Good Luck and let us know

Spahappy                    !

tony

• Ultimate Member
  • 2002 Optima
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 12:56:39 pm »
I've seen the Piper Glen in person and it looks every bit as nice as the picture.  Artesian takes a very different approach to therapy than any other manufacturer and that will be part of the decision process.  Dealer reputation will be important too.

ndabunka

• 2003 Jacuzzi J370 Platinum/Coastal Grey Synthetic
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 06:32:59 pm »
Nice looking spa (other than the color). Not certain if I would enjoy that seat by the controls but others my like it. I have also heard many good things about Artisian...
...The gene pool could use a little chlorine....

Quickly approaching a mid-life crisis one day at a time.

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2004, 07:42:31 pm »
ohhh... that's a GOOD seat...!! :P

I don't think I like the silver either - we were thinking the black onyx with the grey surround.  Our house is grey, so that could look nice...

Jodi
« Last Edit: June 22, 2004, 07:43:34 pm by bulmer4nc »

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2004, 11:32:45 pm »
Seriously though...

I think we like the Artesian tub better.  It just felt right when we wet tested.  There is something to be said though for going with a better known manufacturer too.  Should the lack of knowledge by many on this board mean anything and affect our decision?  

The Artesian dealer seems pretty good and claim they've been in the area for 11 years and they do the servicing themselves.  The Sundance service is one guy doing 3 cities  that span a couple hundred miles.

I just want to make sure that after spending a big chunk of change that we're both happy with the tub and that the manufactuer / dealer will be around and stand by their product.

Thoughts?

Ken

Brewman

• Ultimate Member
  • Lead me not into temptation- I can find it myself!
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 08:39:05 am »
Sounds like you have your mind made up.
Looks like a win-win either way, so get the one which felt best.  
Brewman
Brewman

Big_Ed

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 08:51:49 am »
If any owners / prospective owners don't mind sharing, what kind of price points are these two tubs?  

bulmer4nc

• Now a Canes Fan.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 09:12:41 am »
Right we're working off quotes of 8200 for the Optima and 8700 on the Piper Glen.  Both include cover, lifter, ozone, delivery, and chemicals.  We had a better price on the Optima over the weekend but passed it up...  The Artesian dealer said he'd also throw in 1 year worth of chemicals and extra filters.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2004, 09:12:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42