What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: User Efficiency Test----"UET"---- Unbiassed Non Partisan User tests of temp loss  (Read 2394 times)

DaveMc

This is proposed to be a test of the efficiency of hot tubs (various makes and models)  --let's first contain it to Hot Springs Vanguard  versus Sundance Optima.
I have a brand new 2014 Optima---I will fill it on Monday and do a start up with the Dealer Rep.  Once it is running correctly I will turn it off at say noon and record the outside temp, the water temp and the wind speed every 1/2 hour for 6 hours---without lifting the cover.
Some one with a new Vanguard???  Will you be willing to do the same and compare results here?

Hot Tub Forum

Sam

Good thread.  Wind speed shouldn't have any effect, as far as I know.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
This is proposed to be a test of the efficiency of hot tubs (various makes and models)  --let's first contain it to Hot Springs Vanguard  versus Sundance Optima.
I have a brand new 2014 Optima---I will fill it on Monday and do a start up with the Dealer Rep.  Once it is running correctly I will turn it off at say noon and record the outside temp, the water temp and the wind speed every 1/2 hour for 6 hours---without lifting the cover.
Some one with a new Vanguard???  Will you be willing to do the same and compare results here?

Good idea but to have accuracy you would need two tubs side by side.  Both tubs are very good tubs but the Hot Spring is probably more efficient no matter what the Sundance rep told you.  And I am a dealer of neither, I'm a Marquis guy

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Wind is actually one of THE most important factors. It's called "air infiltration", and is one of the worst energy "thieves" there is.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Hot Spring Ace

Wind is actually one of THE most important factors. It's called "air infiltration", and is one of the worst energy "thieves" there is.

Wind is a huge factor. Unless someone is going to put two spas side by side under the exact same circumstances we won't learn much.

DaveMc

Well then let's get volunteers in the same general area or city!
Any volunteer's out there?

Isaac-1

I suspect even that would still give a wide variation due to factors like sun exposure, wind blockacge, mounting surface (a tub mounted on concrete is going to radiate heat differently than one mounted on a synthetic pad, which will be different from a wood deck), and desired set temperature, then of course there is the question of if this information would be helpful to people that live in different climates.

Hot Tub Forum

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42