What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: thick creamy hot tub......needed a total water change??????? WHY  (Read 1935 times)

freeman9243

thick creamy hot tub......needed a total water change??????? WHY
« on: September 24, 2014, 03:52:23 pm »
HI ALL
well afters setting the rule of showers before use and a set swimming costume I managed to get rid of the creamy froth. HOWEVER afte a few days I checked the tub and it was cream water.....I had been checking everyday. levels had been totally fine. it literally just went creamy in one day. I shocked it. added a bit if water clareifer and let the filter cycles go as normal to see if it would filter it out. no luck. I have as I type put the hose in to fill it back up after a total water change . wiped the whole tub down. I took the jets out to find creamy substance in them. the filter.......well,.....it was coated in thick cream. I could fill my finger with it. so that's soaking now for the night .
ok so I use bromine in a floater. I check my levels all the time.WHAT AM I DOING WRONG. where did this cream come from and why.
could it be to much chemical....as in oxy shock/stain remover/antifoam/bromine/.....all mixed together causing problems????? I know I had a few problems with moisturiser and hair product causing mild frothing. but not to this extreme.
yes im new to this. yes I luv my hot tub. and yes I obviously need help ;)

ADUCATE ME PEOPLE

Hot Tub Forum

thick creamy hot tub......needed a total water change??????? WHY
« on: September 24, 2014, 03:52:23 pm »

summerside9000

Re: thick creamy hot tub......needed a total water change??????? WHY
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 06:10:35 pm »
When my water gets cloudy I add sanitizer and wait a couple of days. Sounds like you did the right thing and pulled the filters but usually it is the amount of bromine or chlorine which messes it up. Dont go extreme on the sanitizer and wait 24 hrs. to see if it improves.

buba

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:18:12 pm »
When my water gets cloudy I add sanitizer and wait a couple of days. Sounds like you did the right thing and pulled the filters but usually it is the amount of bromine or chlorine which messes it up. Dont go extreme on the sanitizer and wait 24 hrs. to see if it improves.

ditto. I have been using a Bromine floater for 18 years and in my case it is usually caused by a bromine tab or granules stuck up in the floater tube and not making contact with the water. I found setting the open area of the floater to about the height of one to one and half Bromine tabs worked well in our spa and usage levels, YMMV.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 09:18:12 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42