What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Interchangeable Jets - any other brands other than Bullfrog have them ?  (Read 7654 times)

Peterpack

Hi guys, another newbie here :)

Great forum !  a hot tub is a pretty sizeable purchase so i like to do a fair bit of research. Am still in the early stages of this research.

I am really leaning towards a Bullfrog spa because i really like the way the jetpacks are interchangeable

Do any other Brands have this feature ?

Hydrotherapy is problem the main reason for my hot tub purchase.

Hot Tub Forum

Spoiledrotten

Re: Interchangeable Jets - any other brands other than Bullfrog have them ?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 05:41:16 pm »
My Hot Spring Envoy has easily interchangeable jets... if they are the same size.
"A bend in the road is not the end of the road... unless you fail to make the turn."

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 06:08:19 pm »
a lot of brands have interchangeable jets, if jetting is your #1 priority i would suggest getting out and wet testing some various models, that way you know exactly what you like.  Something that looks awesome on paper or on a website might leave something to be desired after you've tried it out, or vice versa, and a wet test will point you in the right direction.  In sales I've seen in a million times, for example a husband and wife come in and want a lounger spa and only a lounger spa and doesn't want to look at anything else...well fast forward a couple wet tests and an hour later and there walking out after buying a non lounger spa  ;D

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 07:27:50 pm »
 No spa will have the interchangeability and diversity of the Bullfrog.   Most spas you can change an individual jet but not a complete seat.     The wet test is great advice. 

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 08:24:48 pm »
No spa will have the interchangeability and diversity of the Bullfrog.   Most spas you can change an individual jet but not a complete seat.     The wet test is great advice.

You may not like any of the jetting offered by Bullfrog.
Retired

Peterpack

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 10:17:51 pm »
Thanks guys :)

Roughly how much do additional bullfrog jetpacks cost ?

Topline Mike

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 09:21:52 am »
C'mon, Tmann.  Bullfrog has like 14 different jet packs to choose from.  If you can't find 4 you like, I would say you don't like hot tubbing. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 09:51:45 am »
C'mon, Tmann.  Bullfrog has like 14 different jet packs to choose from.  If you can't find 4 you like, I would say you don't like hot tubbing.

Make that 16  ;)  True story though. I spent over an hour and a half with a couple swapping packs on a B,frog R7, narrowed it down to 4 they wanted.   They came back the next day and tried the Jacuzzi, and ended up buying a J-345 instead.

As Yota would say?  Wet test important it is.. 

Added, extra jet pack around 300 bucks

Sam

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 06:39:11 pm »
Hi guys, another newbie here :)

Great forum !  a hot tub is a pretty sizeable purchase so i like to do a fair bit of research. Am still in the early stages of this research.

I am really leaning towards a Bullfrog spa because i really like the way the jetpacks are interchangeable

Do any other Brands have this feature ?

Hydrotherapy is problem the main reason for my hot tub purchase.

The JetPak design is protected by 12 different patents.  There is no other spa that offers anything even remotely close to the customization.  As others have stated, the individual jet nozzles are interchangable, but that is like comparing apples to oranges.  Additionally, the location of the jet's cannot be changed.

Bullfrog really has something special here.  That's not to say that there aren't other great hot tubs, but nothing compares to JetPaks  8)

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 07:37:08 pm »
We all have opinions. That's the beauty of hot tubs and the shopping process. If ya don't like BF jet packs there are as good or better brands for each individual out there. Plenty of great choices. No one can say the BF design is right and better for any customer. And there's a lot of differing opinions, styles, feel and making sure the consumer does his research if he's looking for more that swirling hot water. The Marquis HK jets are amazing. And a lot of others have said there's nothing like a moto massage. The D1's sequencer is pretty awesome also. I would enjoy testing and deciding between all these brands and a few others by feel, DB level, efficiency, manufacturer/dealer reputation and cost. In that order. Being to shy or not having the opportunity to wet test the exact one or one close to what your looking for is disappointing but still a hot tub experience which can be very enjoyable.

"But ya can't move the jets" Move your ass to a different seat!! My experience, I like to use all my seats and I don't have to move pacs or buy extra pacs. Everybody is different.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 08:39:56 pm by Tman122 »
Retired

Sam

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 11:29:27 am »
It's not really about moving the jetpaks around.  It's about being able to decide which type of massage you want when you purchase your hot tub.  It's about being able to decide which seat you want it in.  The neck jets fit your 6' tall husband in one seat, but not your 5'5" wife?  No problem, you can fix that in a Bullfrog. 

It's about personalization, variety, ability to change if your therapy needs change.  It's about getting rid of the majority of plumbing found in most hot tubs, and therefore reducing the friction as the water passes through all of that plumbing. It's about efficiency.

Most Bullfrog customers probably don't move them around too often once they get them set, but Bullfrog is the only hot tub that allows them to decide what and where they want it.  There are many great hot tub manufacturers out there.  But Bullfrog really has created something special that cannot be found on any other hot tub.  I'm not saying that there aren't other excellent options.  I just have a favorite after 20 years in the industry.  I really believe in the concept, the company, and the culture of innovation that they foster.   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 01:00:55 pm »
 I think it's biggest advantage is being able to swap the pack in the lounge.  I get what Tman is saying and obviously same with you Sam.   But being able to swap it out in the lounge makes it much more appealing in that regard. 

Chartreux

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2014, 01:46:44 pm »
It's also probably something trademarked by BullFrog, so that no one can copy them.
But do go and wet tests ...

Peterpack

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2014, 06:21:05 pm »
Thanks guys, will definitely do some wet tests.

I've been looking at all of the specs of the different bullfrog jetpacks. The neckblaster in particular is very appealing. I train in boxing and do some crossfit and am always sore in the shoulders and neck area.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »
A lot of tubs offer great neck massage jets. The only way you will know what is right is to ignore the hype and try tubs. Less plumbing means you can use less HP to come up with a good feel. Nothing more. To much pressure is uncomfortable. The right pressure is achievable through engineering and jet design, not interchangeable jet pacs.

By all means try BF but don't go in thinking it's better because of the pitch. All the manufacturers have a pitch. Get quality and be comfortable in the seat soaking and in the dealer first.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2014, 09:16:36 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42