What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Question after first wet test  (Read 2445 times)

bwspa

Question after first wet test
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:02:27 am »
My wife and I had our first wet test a few nights ago.  We tried several models and spent close to an hour between them (which really surprised me at how fast that time went).

We stood up and cooled down some but I noticed toward the end when I sat in a dry tub to check out a different lounger for a few minutes I noticed my chest pounding as I cooled.  In the tub I felt fine.  I've done some reading and I understand it has to do with the change in blood pressure.  I guess I was wondering if this is normal for most people and if this was mainly due to staying in too long?  I have only had occasional time in a hot tub before while on vacations and never spent that much time in one.

Also, my eyes were burning for most of a day after (and while in the tub).  I noticed there was a strong chlorine? smell in the tub we went to look at primarily (I'm guessing the store threw some in before we got there).  Is it normal to notice the chlorine smell while in the tub and bother your eyes under normal conditions or was this just a case of getting in too soon from when it was added?

Hot Tub Forum

Question after first wet test
« on: September 04, 2014, 10:02:27 am »

Kev B

Re: Question after first wet test
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 10:44:11 am »
 Being that it was a hot tub other people get into, it is a good thing there was a high chlorine content in the water. If you do get a tub, you can get a routine down to keep the water much more tolerable than that. On top of that, using aromatherapy adds to the therapy value of the soaking experience.
 When you do install the tub, make sure you have a cover lifter on it and good steps and a towel rack of some form close by, to make the experience even more comfortable.

Topline Mike

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 11:27:39 am »
On my first wet tests, I was in 5 different tubs in one morning.  I will say that I felt a little dizzy after getting out of the last one.  I think the temp was between 102 and 104 in these tubs.  Now being a hot tub owner for 5 months, I can say that soaking in the tub is something that your body gets used to. 

If the chlorine was making your eyes water, it was probably at a very high level like Kev said.  You will smell chlorine in a chlorine tub, but it shouldn't make your eyes water.  I actually like the smell myself, to a point. 

Aromatherapy.  Therapy that you smell.  I don't buy it.  If it's just to smell something other than chlorine in the tub, I can understand that. 

Pholly

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:37:33 pm »
I found the information below on Heart.org

"Hot tubs and saunas pose no risk to healthy people as long as they are not misused. People with high blood pressure should tolerate saunas well as long as they are not experiencing a hypertensive crisis.

Heat from hot tubs and saunas cause blood vessels to open up (called vasodilation.) Vasodilation also happens during normal activities like a brisk walk. If your doctor has told you to avoid moderate exercise, you should also be careful when considering hot tubs and saunas.

People with high blood pressure should not move back and forth between cold water and hot tubs or saunas. This could cause an increase in blood pressure."

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 01:37:33 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42