What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Cover lift for Caldera Cantabria  (Read 4090 times)

shacall2

Cover lift for Caldera Cantabria
« on: September 02, 2014, 10:48:18 am »
Hi all-
We're new to the forum, and hot tubbing.  We just purchased a used 2013 Caldera Cantabria, which should be delivered within the next few weeks.  We've run into a space issue with the cover (only have 12" space behind the tub).  We found a lift from Hot Spring and Caldera that only requires 7" of clearance.  So, here are my two questions:

1) Are the ProLift IV (Caldera) and Uprite (Hot Spring) lifts the same?  I ask, because the Caldera dealer is 1hr further than the Hot Spring dealer.
ProLift IV: http://www.calderaspas.com/accessories/covers-and-lifters
Uprite: http://www.hotspring.com/hot-tub-accessories/hot-tubs-cover-lifters-hot-spring-spa-cover-lifters

2) The Caldera dealer made it sound like the lift may require additional hardware because the Cantabria is larger.  It added an additional $89 to the price of the ProLift IV lift.  Any idea what he's talking about?

Thanks in advance for any input you may have!  We're looking forward to the tub, and being part of this community!

Hot Tub Forum

Cover lift for Caldera Cantabria
« on: September 02, 2014, 10:48:18 am »

shacall2

Re: Cover lift for Caldera Cantabria
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 01:47:29 pm »
I received a PM from a member, but unfortunately I am not allowed to reply back  :'(  Anyone know why I can't?  I get the following message:

You are not allowed to send personal messages

Anyway, this member indicated that the Hot Spring Uprite should be the same as the ProLift IV.  The dimensions of the HS Gleam and Caldera Cantabria are similar, so there shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work. 

Can anyone else confirm this, before I spend $300+ on a new lift?  It seems like the two lifts are the same, just rebranded (as the member who PMd me said too).

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 03:01:44 pm »
I received a PM from a member, but unfortunately I am not allowed to reply back  :'(  Anyone know why I can't?  I get the following message:

You are not allowed to send personal messages

Anyway, this member indicated that the Hot Spring Uprite should be the same as the ProLift IV.  The dimensions of the HS Gleam and Caldera Cantabria are similar, so there shouldn't be any reason why it wouldn't work. 

Can anyone else confirm this, before I spend $300+ on a new lift?  It seems like the two lifts are the same, just rebranded (as the member who PMd me said too).

Sorry for the inconvenience.  We were getting so much spam on the forum, we limit new user's abilities, including PMs until they have 5 messages.  It really cuts down on the spam, and if I missed your first message, welcome to the forum. Sorry this is necessary.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

shacall2

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:17:20 pm »
No problem - I completely understand.  I just didn't want the person who PMd me to think I was ignoring him/her  ;D

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 03:17:20 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42