What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Flow switch  (Read 2070 times)

nicksterv

Flow switch
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:45:15 pm »
Hi, new to the forum, very usefull, I am having trouble with FLow error, the flow switch seems to be working, I get a solid FL, which is supposed to mean that the switch is bad, but when I jiggle it a bit, it will start up the pump again, it will work for a day maybe, then I will get the message again, I wanted to change the switch, but when I disconnected it, the motor pump still works, I don't think that it should be, filters are clean.I hope I am explaining well. Beachcomber spa, balboa board, 2000 digital, 2004.If it is not the switch, how would I check the relay.I don't mind jiggling the switch now, but up here in winter temperature is mostly below freezing, I can't take a chance of the tub not running. Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Flow switch
« on: August 21, 2014, 11:45:15 pm »

Kev B

Re: Flow switch
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 11:18:51 am »
 I recommend new wire harness and pressure switch. Don't take chances with winter on the way. Any fl issues after that will mean a bad board connection, assuming you have proper flow to begin with.

clover

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:46:09 pm »
your symptom is symptomatic of a bad flow switch.  To confirm this condition you can do 1 of 2 things, use an ohmmeter to measure the resistance of the switch when it is OPEN and should read infinity as an open switch, OR 2, you can unplug the sensor loom when you have or see the flow message, and then immediately plug it back in.  The flow message is gone and everything returns to normal operation.  That is, until it cycles off and the flow message will return.  What is happening is the circuit board "knows" the switch is bad, and it is protecting the unit from additional damage to your system.

Using an ohmmeter, you will find that the switch is NOT opening when you can actually see that it is open, and it will prove to be unreliable until it is replaced. 

Do it.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 12:46:09 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42