What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Marquis Wish VS J-335 - Jacuzzi  (Read 9705 times)

nice guy

Marquis Wish VS J-335 - Jacuzzi
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:52:58 pm »
Marquis Wish VS Jacuzzi 335
New buyer here.  Any one have any imput on these two spas.  I wet test both next week.
Looks like the pricing will both be around $7700. Jacuzzi 60 amp service or does it matter?
Thanks for any opinions you might have.   

Hot Tub Forum

Marquis Wish VS J-335 - Jacuzzi
« on: August 04, 2014, 02:52:58 pm »

Kev B

Re: Marquis Wish VS J-335 - Jacuzzi
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 04:52:44 pm »
Hi Nice guy
 Both of these companies are very well established and have good controls. The two things to consider would be the comfort and jet action of course, but also consider this.... Both of these tubs use proprietary parts and what that means is that no outside companies can get the parts at their wholesaler, so I suggest you check into the reputation of the service department and make that a factor in your decision. Any tub you purchase can have issues.
 Also, 50 amp circuits are generally the norm, along with the proper wire size which is generally 6.
So if it calls for 60 amp, that must mean it has more than 2 booster pumps and/or an air blower which are not as common these days. Good luck and enjoy!

Budule

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 06:01:37 pm »
On the Jacuzzi the 60 amp is so you can run the heater with both pumps at the same time , if you only do 50 amp , the heater will kick off if you turn on the second pump.....imo , might as well do 60......

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 06:54:02 pm »
Hi Nice guy
 Both of these companies are very well established and have good controls. The two things to consider would be the comfort and jet action of course, but also consider this.... Both of these tubs use proprietary parts and what that means is that no outside companies can get the parts at their wholesaler, so I suggest you check into the reputation of the service department and make that a factor in your decision. Any tub you purchase can have issues.
 Also, 50 amp circuits are generally the norm, along with the proper wire size which is generally 6.
So if it calls for 60 amp, that must mean it has more than 2 booster pumps and/or an air blower which are not as common these days. Good luck and enjoy!

The parts on A marquis are not proprietory. The prices you have received on both are super low especially on the wish. I just sold one the other day with no options for 9k and that's a little lower then I like selling that tub for. The wish is from the signature line which is marquis top line while the jacuzzi is from the 300 series which is there mid line. The wish has the constant clean filtration syst with the spa frog built into it whereas the jacuzzi has a circ pump with clear ray installed. Both systems work good. The marquis is built in the United States (Oregon). I am amazed at what you can get the wish for. Is it a discounted floor model?  What part of the country are you in?

Chartreux

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 07:38:40 pm »
Wow, if I could get a Marquis Spirit w / Microsilk I'd buy it for that price, wow... that is a almost too good to be real price...Your lucky. Send me some of that luck...

buba

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 10:01:42 pm »
They just delivered a Jacuzzi J335 this afternoon. It is perfect for our needs. Took about 5 min to get the adjustable jets dialed to the flow strength we liked.

The J335 has three pumps, one each for circulation, left side jets, right side jets.

I ran 60amp service to the tub. The cost difference was less than $20 in parts (inside mainbox 60amp breaker, outside GFCI spa 60 amp breaker box). Both 50amp and 60amp use the same wire size 6 AWG (I used THHN in 1 inch pvc conduit, then stepped down to 3/4 flex liguidtight conduit for the final 8 ft).

If price is the same go with the wet test winner provided both dealers have good reputations.

Quickbeam

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 10:23:18 pm »
I would suggest you may also want to look at the Jacuzzi J-345. Our short list was the Marquis Wish and the Jacuzzi J-335. It is a long story but we never did wet test the Marquis Wish. We did wet test the J-335, and both my wife and I floated out of the lounger. We ended up with the Jacuzzi J-345 and we love it. Hope I haven't confused things for you! Good luck with your search.

nice guy

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2014, 11:12:45 pm »
Thanks for your help.  I have heard good things about the Jacuzzi jets.  I have concrete coming a week from friday, to enlarge my patio, and my plan was to come up under the hot tub with my wire. Any tricks here?  I was also thinking about bringing a run of 110 to power a TV or stereo.
I originally water tested a Spirit but found the jets lacking and I also floated out of the lounge. Do you like the foot jets on the 345? They quoted us the same price on the 335 as the 345 so if the lounger does not work I will take a good look at the 345. Thanks for your help.

Quickbeam

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2014, 11:54:48 pm »
Funny you should ask about the foot dome. When we originally sat in a dry J-345, I thought the foot jets would just get in the way and would make it harder for us to move around the tub. When we wet tested, we found we really liked the foot jets and they did not hinder our ability to move around the tub at all. So yes, we do like the foot jets.

nice guy

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 12:13:24 am »
Good to know cause it looks like alot of foot jets. Thanks for the help. 

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 12:52:38 am »
 Marquis builds a nice spa, only thing I would comment on is no circ pump in the wish not a huge deal, but to me the inside looks a bit cramped, specially in the foot area?    The J-335 use to be a dog of a seller, Jacuzzi has made some great improvements this year!

MarKee

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 01:58:21 am »
I'm a big fan of the Wish, one of the most comfortable Marquis tubs in my opinion. The unique shape with the step that fits the curve of the spa makes it look like not just a box of hot water. I especially like the captains chair that has jets all the way up and down your back, and a geyser jet at your feet. In the captains chair there is a setting where you can have 2 entire pumps focused on one person, it feels awesome.  I also think the lounge is comfortable and the cool-off seat sits a bit higher than other models, which is nice.  Like HotTubGuy said, that price is very very low on the Wish. Most dealers sell that for 10-11,000. Good luck in your search.

Budule

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 07:14:24 am »
Thanks for your help.  I have heard good things about the Jacuzzi jets.  I have concrete coming a week from friday, to enlarge my patio, and my plan was to come up under the hot tub with my wire. Any tricks here?  I was also thinking about bringing a run of 110 to power a TV or stereo.
I originally water tested a Spirit but found the jets lacking and I also floated out of the lounge. Do you like the foot jets on the 345? They quoted us the same price on the 335 as the 345 so if the lounger does not work I will take a good look at the 345. Thanks for your help.

My Jacuzzzi dealer had a list of the spa's and the "sweet spot" where he would drill for the wire.....on the J 335 it was 27" over and 8" in.....but check with him for his numbers if you plan on running hard conduit under your pad.....as far as the 110 outlet , some NEC code actually requires a GFCI 110 outlet near the spa disconnect

buba

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 08:22:06 am »
The power entry points on the 2014 Jacuzzi J335 and J345 are the front corners. The control box is left of center inside the tub, thus the left front corner would provide the shortest run from concrete pad to the connection points inside the Spa. The per-drilled holes in the plastic base of the spa are designed for 3/4 inch conduit. Anything else will require enlarging or cutting addition holes in the base of the Spa. I used Flex conduct to make the routing of wires into the Spa and inside the Spa easier.

You may want to consider running flex conduct all the way from your GFCI Spa breaker box to the tub location. It is better to over estimate the length of wires and conduit needed than to run short and have to install a junction box to splice wires. There are some tight angles to deal with in routing the wire into the tub so you may want to block off a 4 inch by 4 inch square in the concrete pad to give your conduit some wiggle room. You can always patch that area in later after the tub is in place and wired up. As you can tell I am not a fan of cutting additional hole is the plastic base.

When you wet test be sure to play with the flow adjustments on the individual jets, not just the diverter controls. It can make a difference in your evaluation.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 08:41:05 am by buba »

nice guy

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 08:38:13 am »
Thanks for all the great suggestions

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 08:38:13 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42