What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Married couple looking for first hot tub, living in the UK  (Read 3962 times)

gtlobodh

Married couple looking for first hot tub, living in the UK
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:07:58 am »
Hi All,

This is my first post on here so hello to all!

My wife and I are looking for our first hot tub. I don't want to say a price budget because this is an international forum and it might get confusing. Instead Ill just mention a certain brand and model we can afford. (HotSprings hot spot relay)

Below is a list of our requirements

6 man (1 of the seats must be a lounger)
2 pumps
1 circulation pump (optional on the Hot Spot)
LEDs
Stereo (optional on the Hot Spot)
Great filtration
great insulation

We were also looking at the Jacuzzi J-200 series. but the one we looked at, only had one pump and im concerned it wont have enough power when the tub is full!

Is there anything out there in the same price bracket that is better than the hot spot relay? Thanks.

Nathan

Hot Tub Forum

Married couple looking for first hot tub, living in the UK
« on: August 04, 2014, 06:07:58 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Married couple looking for first hot tub, living in the UK
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 07:23:57 am »
Welcome to the forum.  Knowing a little about what you want should be helpful.  How may people in your family and what brands are located close to you?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

gtlobodh

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 07:50:32 am »
Thank you. In my house hold, there is just me and my wife. But I would like a larger Spa so I can get friends and family over, more often.

Near to me, I have Hotsprings, Jacuzzi and Dynasty. Budget is £7000-£8000

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2014, 10:57:48 am »
Thank you. In my house hold, there is just me and my wife. But I would like a larger Spa so I can get friends and family over, more often.

Near to me, I have Hotsprings, Jacuzzi and Dynasty. Budget is £7000-£8000

I of course, don't know much about you, and don't want to stereotype, but I do follow into the category of expecting to invite a lot of friends and family over and my initial tub was a 7 seat Dynasty with a lounger.  When we bought our 2nd tub (Dynasty lasted about 8 years) We went smaller as 99% of the time it was just my wife and I in the tub.  So the 2nd time we went for a 5 person tub. Even with only 2 people in it 99% of the time, its nice to be able to move around and feel comfortable. I don't think we would be comfortable in a typical 2-3 person tub.

My Dynasty was of average quality and I should be happy to get 8 years out of it, but in the final view years I found their Customer Support dropped off considerably. (My dealer went out of business after 1 year and I ended up calling the factory when I needed help. That was fine for awhile, but deteriorated from 2009 on.  When I bought again, I considered Hot Springs/Jacuzzi/and Sundance.  I could have been happy with any of the three.  I liked one dealer better than the other and we compromised on the tub that was the most comfortable for both my wife and I which was the Sudance Majesta.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

gtlobodh

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 11:11:20 am »
You are absolutely right. 99% of the time it will be me and the wife. Still be nice to have a large spa so we can move around tub, without climbing over each other! I have done a bit more research and have noticed the Jacuzzi J-200 series is a twin pump unit. The J-200IP unit I like comes with the sound system and UV filtration for £7250 (hopefully I can get it for under 7 grand). The hotspot of equal size is £6999 but you have to add the stereo and extra UV filtration. That's gonna take it over £8000. Think i'm going to wet test the J-200 series  :D

Budule

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 02:01:23 pm »
Sounds almost EXACTLY like my story.....Hot Spot Relay was the first tub we looked at , didn't like it (or the dealer ) and then went to Jacuzzi 200 series .....ehh.....nice tubs but I REALLY like the 300 's better......better seating , better lighting, better warranty , WAY better jets (wife was sold after wet test )  so we upped our budget somewhat and went for it.....

Mike82

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 07:55:37 pm »
We were in the same position as you. First time buyer for just myself and the wife the majority of the time. We ended up settling on the J-245 and love it. I believe there's an option that lets you add a stereo too, although we ended up just using a clock radio/our cell phone for radio.

gtlobodh

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 05:01:32 am »
Sounds almost EXACTLY like my story.....Hot Spot Relay was the first tub we looked at , didn't like it (or the dealer ) and then went to Jacuzzi 200 series .....ehh.....nice tubs but I REALLY like the 300 's better......better seating , better lighting, better warranty , WAY better jets (wife was sold after wet test )  so we upped our budget somewhat and went for it.....

Im not going to let my wife wet test the J-300 series... are you crazy!!

If the wet test goes well, I think im gonna go with the J-235IP

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 05:01:32 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42