What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Green Foam/Bubbles  (Read 2331 times)

silverbullet

Green Foam/Bubbles
« on: August 01, 2014, 10:06:05 pm »
What is the most common cause for this? Seems every 3 to 4 days it starts. I shock the water, 24 hrs later I add spa perfect. And within 3 to 4 days we start seeing green bubbles. We use the spa daily sometimes twice a day.

Last week I let it go & it got pretty green around the edges. I wiped the sides clean & shocked the water @ the advice of my dealer. Still had some the next day & shocked it again & that cleared it up That was Tuesday & added spa perfect on Wednesday & its Friday & I'm seeing glimpes of green bubbles already so again I added some shock.

Is this normal for this kind of usage? The waters about 3 weeks old & I've added metal magic when I filled it. Hardness & bromine level is ok LiL light on the ph & alk.

Trying to get this water thing figured out bebore the Wisconsin Snowballs start to fly!
Thanks!
Lou

Hot Tub Forum

Green Foam/Bubbles
« on: August 01, 2014, 10:06:05 pm »

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
Re: Green Foam/Bubbles
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 11:49:46 pm »
Personal hygiene products. Makeup, body lotions, conditioners etc.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

Topline Mike

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 05:59:59 pm »
What are you shocking the tub with?  What are the chemicals in Spa Perfect? 

If you are using the tub every day, you need to add chlorine every day, besides having a bromine spa. 

I wish I was closer to you (Madison area), I'd come over and try to figure this out for you with my test kit. 

Do you invite Shrek over often? 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 05:59:59 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42