What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Big box wholesale deal for HotSpring  (Read 5666 times)

Spoonieluv

Big box wholesale deal for HotSpring
« on: June 20, 2014, 08:51:31 pm »
I thought it was a great deal for a Pulse for $8k including cover, 1 month chemicals and choice of 2 colors, pearl or some tan color. Steps and cover lifter for 30% off. Deliver anytime within a year, cancel prior to delivery with no penalties. Plus you get the Costco return policy if things really go south.  5 yr warranty. Thoughts?

Hot Tub Forum

Big box wholesale deal for HotSpring
« on: June 20, 2014, 08:51:31 pm »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
Re: Big box wholesale deal for HotSpring
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 08:17:24 am »
Sounds like an OK deal. Wet test it to make sure it's right for you.
Retired

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 01:10:17 pm »
 A wet test at Costco could be interesting..  ;) 

Spoonieluv

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 04:10:33 pm »
Thanks. Wet test will be at local dealer, although would make Costfo far more fun to shop at !  This is Northern California. BTW, does the purchase at Costco make this deal better cuz of their return policy?  They take back practically anything.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2014, 05:53:42 pm »
Thanks. Wet test will be at local dealer, although would make Costfo far more fun to shop at !  This is Northern California. BTW, does the purchase at Costco make this deal better cuz of their return policy?  They take back practically anything.

I have no dog in this fight but I would do a little internet research on Costco re: hottub warranty repairs, returns, etc. before making a bold statement like whats highlighted above

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 06:48:37 pm »
This is a special limited time offer being presented by the local Hot Spring dealer, The Hot Tub Store. Whether buying at one of our showrooms or at Costco, we are here for our Hot Spring spa customers.  This is a great deal because it is Costco and you get Costco pricing!  These opportunities are rare and when they are gone, they are gone.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Spoonieluv

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 07:43:26 pm »
I made no claim, that's why I asked the question. They DO take back practically anything but a spa is a different animal.  Looks like their policy is to hand the warranty off to the mfg. So the question still remains, is it better to get this through Costco on a "good" deal or straight to the dealer so they own the service more due to the fact we bought the spa directly from them?

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 11:45:58 pm »
Actually, if this is something costco considers one of their "road shows", it may not be covered by costco's typical return warranty....worth asking and checking out.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

clover

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 01:53:18 pm »
Actually, if this is something costco considers one of their "road shows", it may not be covered by costco's typical return warranty....worth asking and checking out.
You make no claims and we appreciate that.  However, shopping for a hot tub, as you have learned, is a difficult, if not confusing, ordeal.

Consider this, you can not go wrong with a Hot Springs Spa, you can't go wrong with a Hot Springs Dealer, but you are now talking about price, and Costco is known for deep discount pricing,.  If you don't like your big screen TV after the super bowl, you can take it back, but try loading up the hot tub taking it back to Costco, who you expect to refund your money.  It would be advisable to look into these details.

Secondly, while you are looking for the best price, and we all do regardless of what we buy, you need to know there are other things in the price.  Like having a model to wet test, like having a representative there to answer all of your questions, and after that, it should be a simple as giving them your AEX card.  It just doesn’t seem to work that way for the hot tub dealer though.

But, before you do that, clarify who will be delivering the spa and who will be doing warranty services, and the cost related to such services when needed, and if you have bypassed the dealer, what obligation does he have to you for rendering "free" service.  That too, is part of the price that has been discounted.

Then, ask your dealer if you can buy that product through him at the same price with all of his dealer services for water chemistry and warranty
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Chartreux

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 02:37:45 pm »
Really, you found a Hot Springs at Costco?  Why would Hot Springs go with Costco when they have Dealers? Surprises me on this...

You might want to get it from a dealer in case you need warranty repairs, I guess it would be like buying a computer at best buy and expecting them to be able to repair it (not likely). I can walk into Best Buy and know more about computers than those sitting behind the geek squad desks, I've actually put in a motherboard (mobo) and a gpu on that mobo and replaced in house fans for better fans, replaced memory cards, hardest thing to put into a computer was my cpu cooler.  But that's another story...anyways you probably get what I mean...

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »
Really, you found a Hot Springs at Costco?  Why would Hot Springs go with Costco when they have Dealers? Surprises me on this...

You might want to get it from a dealer in case you need warranty repairs, I guess it would be like buying a computer at best buy and expecting them to be able to repair it (not likely). I can walk into Best Buy and know more about computers than those sitting behind the geek squad desks, I've actually put in a motherboard (mobo) and a gpu on that mobo and replaced in house fans for better fans, replaced memory cards, hardest thing to put into a computer was my cpu cooler.  But that's another story...anyways you probably get what I mean...

Dealers sometimes make a deal with their local Costco to feature a spa or two in that single store for short time similar to selling at a spa show or at the Fair and that's my guess here.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2014, 07:52:19 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42