What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Water foams up  (Read 4077 times)

jdmanteca

Water foams up
« on: June 23, 2004, 02:29:37 pm »
The water treatment for my new Spa is still new to me.  After my start up dose of chemistry I have noticed that my water foams up when the blower is on and to a lesser extent when the jets are on.  Is this typical?  Is there anything I can go to prevent this?

JD

Hot Tub Forum

Water foams up
« on: June 23, 2004, 02:29:37 pm »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Water foams up
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 02:34:16 pm »
Run your suits through the wash cycle with no soap.  Since you already have foam, buy some foam out, but ignore the instructions about dumping it in the water.  Put it in a spray bottle and turn your jets and blowers on high.  Spray the foam out right on the foam and watch it dissapear.  Wait 24 hours, thoroughly rinse the filters and then repeat as necessary.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

jdmanteca

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 09:14:09 am »
I read in my manual that the foamy water is an indicator that my water should be changed, however, I just filled it with fresh water.  Is there anything I should be worried about.  Is this a sign of something else?  

Thanks

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 11:08:23 am »
I read in my manual that the foamy water is an indicator that my water should be changed, however, I just filled it with fresh water.  Is there anything I should be worried about.  Is this a sign of something else?  

Thanks

Foamy CAN be a sign of needing water change, but more frequently its a sign of detergent in suits, especially when you water is new. Frequently when friends come over they wash their suits thinking it will help, or they want them to look clean.  We tell our guests to wash them with no detergent and that helps.  
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Mark_Vee

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 05:22:50 pm »
Another possibility for you is that your Calcium Hardness level is low.  This can cause foamy water.  I agree with the other posts that detergent from suits could also be the culprit.  

Have you had the CH level tested?

SunshyneGyrl

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2004, 12:11:17 am »
my dealer has told me 3 reasons for foam:
1. soap, shampoo, lotion, etc.- use a foam down
2. ph is off balance - adjust ph into range
3. too much organic matter - use scum gon (an live enzyme that will eat that stuff out of the spa and get rid of the foam) they said that scum gon will extend the life of the spa water as well, i use it around the 2 month period and when needed

jdmanteca

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 01:16:41 pm »
Thanks for all of the suggestions.  I will try and narrow down the culprit to choose my plan of action.  Thanks again.  

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 01:16:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42