What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Help with hot tub leak!  (Read 2763 times)

hawkphan

Help with hot tub leak!
« on: June 07, 2014, 08:40:26 pm »
Drained and refilled my 2011 Hot Springs Vanguard spa a month ago and since then it leaks. When filled to capacity, the level drops about 2 inches per day then slows when it is about a third full. After watching it the last few weeks, it has leveled off a couple inches above the seats, and just below the moto-massage inlets, maybe dropping less than an inch over the last week. This is happening while all electricity to the tub is off. Unfortunately, the tub is recessed into my deck and sits on a concrete slab allowing easy access only to the front panel. When I remove the service door, everything is dry, including the bottom of the service area. The cement slab is wet around all sides of the tub as best as I can see.
Any suggestions on troubleshooting? The local spa team wants to add a dye then bring in a crane to lift the tub out of the recessed deck area to identify the source of leak.  I saw a recent post wither Chas advised the installation of a "Hartford Loop", could it be this?
Any advice on  how to proceed is appreciated.
FM

Hot Tub Forum

Help with hot tub leak!
« on: June 07, 2014, 08:40:26 pm »

Vinny

• Ultimate Member
Re: Help with hot tub leak!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 09:35:28 pm »
I believe the Hartford loop in spas is tubing that goes above the waterline. I would imagine it is used in the ozonator and any areas hat have air mixing in. I would imagine a 2011 Hotsprings would have all that taken care of ... I don't know Chas' post you are referring to.

If your tub is 100% below the deck and there isn't a way for someone to service it I don't know anything else that can be done unless you can dismantle the deck. Unfortunately we expect these things to last forever but sometimes they don't cooperate.

Maybe someone with more experience will chime in.

Good Luck!

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 09:14:56 am »
I did a search and think I found the posts you were referring to:

by Chas on November 06, 2008, 10:23:40 AM »

...... , the Harford loop in question is not for the Ozone, it is for the  ............  pump motor.   The simple solution is to install a Hartford Loop. Your local HS Dealer will have a kit which  ............  - it is basically a check valve, a pre-formed hartford loop with three loop in it, the various clamps  ......

Hot Tub Forum / Re: HotSpring Vanguard leaking
« by Chas on December 05, 2013, 05:57:30 AM »

......  news. I believe this tub just needs a "Hartford Loop" installed. There is a plastic shuttle valve  ............  it. The kits I have on my shelf all have a simple loop instead, but they work just as well.    HTH    ......

Hot Tub Forum / Re: Mold!
« by Chas on November 23, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »

Any luck on resolving your leak problem?   

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 09:14:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42