What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Price Check! Jacuzzi J365 vs Sundance Majesta 880  (Read 7551 times)

BigGrabowski87

Price Check! Jacuzzi J365 vs Sundance Majesta 880
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:49:11 pm »
My wife and I are ready to buy out first tub and we spoke to 2 very knowledgeable dealers in our area. We want a good. quality tub that focuses on therapeutic relief due to my wife's recent car accident. We got a quote on a Jacuzzi and a Sundance. Here's the break down:

Jacuzzi J-365 model. Regular price is $13,688.  Out the door with delivery and tax $11,479

Sundance Majesta 880 series. (2011 liquidation)( Floor model, never wet tested, last one)
Normal price $11,688. Out the door with delivery and tax  $9,856

I am going to pay for my tub with cash and didn't start a hard negotiation yet since I don't know the market, or if I'm already getting an outstanding deal. Both tubs has the steps, cover and lift included.

Please let me know which way to do and what would be a better tub for adults looking for muscle relaxation oppose to only a party tub.

THANKS!

Hot Tub Forum

Price Check! Jacuzzi J365 vs Sundance Majesta 880
« on: May 21, 2014, 09:49:11 pm »

Lionheart_CHP

Re: Price Check! Jacuzzi J365 vs Sundance Majesta 880
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 10:13:28 pm »
I was shopping for a Jacuzzi 345 and was at $7500+tax including delivery, steps, cover valet, etcetera before deciding on a Sunrise.  I'm not sure how much premium to expect for the 365 versus the 345, but I would think you could do a lot better than what you're quoted currently.  Check their price on the 345 and adjust accordingly.

HTH
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 02:14:19 pm by Lionheart_CHP »

Quickbeam

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 02:22:01 am »
I think it is a bit of a fools game to try and determine prices on a website like this one. As an example, we just purchased a 2014 Jacuzzi J-345. I won't say what we paid but it was quite a bit more than $7,500. But I don't feel bad about it, because in our local area I think we got a decent price. There are two Jacuzzi dealers in our general driving area. One dealer is further out but still within driving distance. We priced them both out and prices were similar, but definitely more than $7,500. In my area, there is no way I would have been able to buy the Jacuzzi J-345 for $7,500. Just would not have happened.
I've also seen others on this website give wildly different prices for hot tubs depending on the area they live in. So unless you are getting prices within your own geographic area, I really don't think price comparisons mean a lot.

One other thing to consider about price. To me at least, getting a good dealer is worth something. Fortunately for us the dealer we liked gave us the better price, but if it had been reversed I would have paid extra for the dealer we were most comfortable with.

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 05:42:12 am »
A wise man once taught me, "You never know what you can get if you don't ask. The worst they can do is say 'no'."

I have saved thousands on purchases, more than I thought possible, by learning to negotiate.  I'm not aggressive with it, just a bit sly.  I'm not going to preach here, but 20% is very realistic in my experience.

Like Quickbeam said, dealer is super important and I bought my Sunrise from that same Jacuzzi dealer. 

Quickbeam

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2014, 09:34:09 am »
I absolutely agree that you should negotiate. Why wouldn't you get the best possible deal? I used to negotiate for a living, so I do know a few things about how to bargain. My only point is that I just don't think it is realistic to compare prices on a web forum like this when you may in fact be comparing from different parts of the country, or in fact even in different countries. So by all means negotiate, bargain, and get the best deal you can. Just don't expect that because someone on this forum quotes a price from one part of the country, that you are going to be able to get that same price in your location.

Chartreux

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 11:03:26 am »
Do not buy without your wife doing the wet test, and try out other big brands like Bullfrog and hot springs or Sundance...I think most of these hot tubs are aimed at therapy...

mkymitts

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2014, 09:46:44 pm »
My wife and i just purchased a j-365 and it was $8700 out the door with delivery, cover lifter , and start up chemicals. My advice is to see if you can stike a deal ( if you have the means) to pay all cash. Maybe your local dealer will work with you and no charge you tax. It does work take it from me. ;D

Sam

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 05:28:11 pm »
Seems weird to have a 2011 model in 2014. 

Someone mentioned 20% was a feasible discount.  20% off MSRP maybe, but not all dealers use these artificially inflated numbers.  I know if I took 20% off we'd go out of business pretty quickly.

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2014, 12:59:19 pm »
BigGrab, back to your original question - as for your price check, I think you can see that there's a fair bit of room to come down from the price you mentioned.  Mkymitts provided you with a great target and I wouldn't go above that.  Seems reasonable based on the $7500 deal I had for the J345.  Don't be afraid to be firm but polite.

Noone on here means any ill will, but of course the dealers are not going to cut each other's throats quoting bargain numbers in here.

Quickbeam

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 01:29:41 pm »
Just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, I am not a dealer. I'm not quoting prices because, as I said in an earlier post on this forum, I don't think it makes any sense to do so.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2014, 01:29:41 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42