What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: What is the Rolls Royce of Hot Tubs/Spas  (Read 14634 times)

Chartreux

What is the Rolls Royce of Hot Tubs/Spas
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:13:07 pm »
This is going to be a tough question for y'all, But, which branding is considered the cream of the crop or as I put it Rolls Royce of all the Hot Tub/Spas Makers out there???
If I'm going to be putting $10,000 down I expect it to be the best of the crop...I'm really considering a Sundance and Bullfrog, maybe a Hot Springs model as there is no local Marquis and I cannot travel far, these are the three makers we did like, the one Jacuzzi dealer just didn't have much with limited models on hand and was a disappointment ...
So, far both Sundance dealers have impressed us, very knowledgable...and we will do a wet test, I just wanted opinions...

Hot Tub Forum

What is the Rolls Royce of Hot Tubs/Spas
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:13:07 pm »

Sam

Re: What is the Rolls Royce of Hot Tubs/Spas
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 07:37:55 pm »
There are a handful of "Top of the line" hot tubs out there.  There will be varying opinions on who is the best.  My personal favorite is Bullfrog, though Sundance and Hot Spring which you mentioned are right there at the top.  There are many here would say one of those is the best.

My opinion is that Bullfrog offers a truly revolutionary design concept that nobody else has.  Of all the brands that I have sold over the years, they are hands down my favorite.  If my mom or best friend were buying a hot tub, I wouldn't let them buy anything else.  That being said, Sundance and Hot Spring are widely considered in the top couple of manufacturers.  I don't think you can go wrong with either of them.

Make sure that you are comfortable with the dealer and their reputation.  Then do a wet test.  Pick the tub that works best for you and your family.  What works best for you may be totally different than me.  I personally love a couple of the JetPaks that Bullfrog offers (Oscillator and Neck Masseuse) and am not a big fan of the Moto-massage from Hot Spring.  There are other people on here who will tell you that the Moto-massage is the best jet ever.  You never know until you feel it for yourself.  Let these things be your deciding factors and not some sales pitch or what someone says is the best of the best.

Good luck in your search!  Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Bullfrog (I am currently a dealer for them).

Spatech_tuo

• Mentor Level Member
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 07:43:40 pm »
This is going to be a tough question for y'all, But, which branding is considered the cream of the crop or as I put it Rolls Royce of all the Hot Tub/Spas Makers out there???
If I'm going to be putting $10,000 down I expect it to be the best of the crop...I'm really considering a Sundance and Bullfrog, maybe a Hot Springs model as there is no local Marquis and I cannot travel far, these are the three makers we did like, the one Jacuzzi dealer just didn't have much with limited models on hand and was a disappointment ...
So, far both Sundance dealers have impressed us, very knowledgable...and we will do a wet test, I just wanted opinions...

There are a few very good brands out there and you're doing fine. Personally I think Sundance and Hot Spring are two of the very best out there.
220, 221, whatever it takes!

Chartreux

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 08:05:33 pm »
Sundance  Tub we like and sat in was the Victoria, then these other 2 we would like to try (880) Altamar and (880) Cameo, Then the BullFrog R7L we'd like to see the dealer here did not have a R7L...Hot Springs Maybe the Envoy NXT Highlife and if we can find a Jacuzzi dealer with the J-LXL should be similar to the Sundance Victoria...
Both Sundance and Bullfrog had knowledgable salespeople..The first thing is just a seat test as my husband is 6'2" tall and 36 inches tall fits him good with me good as well, tubs under 36 inches tall no go they just don't fit  my husband at all...Once we fit him, then we'll go around and ask about the wet testing, the Jacuzzi J-465 not sure we liked and 39 inches is too tall for me...I don't want to worry about having to have a seat pillow. We are favoring the Bullfrog more just because it has a textured blue...Sundance was good too ...this will be hard to decide...

meriflower

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2014, 11:10:29 pm »
I personally prefer Bullfrog as that is what I own!  We are very happy with it, zero problems, and provides the therapy we need.  They are built a little different then all the rest requiring less holes in the shell.  We also like being able to move the jet pacs to a favorite seat.  We looked and wet tested a lot of different brands of spas when shopping and highly recommend anyone who is serious to wet test, wet test, wet test!  As you said, they are expensive and you want to make sure you'll be happy with it for years to come.  Other brand that we really like and has a very good reputation is Hot Spring. 

Bullfrog Spas Support

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2014, 01:13:09 pm »
Chartreaux,

We are glad and honored to hear you are considering a Bullfrog Spa. These are all top notch brands. We of course have our favorite :)

I just wanted to chime in and let you know we're here to answer any questions you may have during your shopping process.

All the best,

Jake
Bullfrog Spas Support

rmcguire

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2014, 04:10:09 pm »
I'd put Beachcomber up on this list as well.

Hot Spring Official

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2014, 04:21:59 pm »

Hi Chartreux,
I recommend scheduling a visit to your local Hot Spring dealer  to wet test a Hot Spring spa. We have just recently launched several 2014 Highlife spa models, so this is a great opportunity for you to see the latest and greatest from our team. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our team. We want to make this process just as easy as possible for you. Finding a hot tub that fits your budget and lifestyle is a process, but we want to help you along the way.

Thank you and good luck with your hot tub search!

Erica
The Hot Spring Team
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 09:22:55 pm by wmccall »

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2014, 10:09:25 pm »
I don't know about Rolls Royce, but I love my new Artic Klondiker.  I think Artic makes a great spa.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2014, 06:15:34 am »
I think you'll find about 6-8 that are BMW's. Marquis, Beach, HS, Sundance, Caldera, D1, Arctic. And a whole bunch of Honda's. And even more Kia's.
Retired

Chartreux

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2014, 09:48:11 am »
I liked the BeachComber 715, however when I type my address in on their website no local dealers pop up. Really need them to be local, I tried to contact them and it's hard and they have limited hours on their website??? Will check and see if Artic has a local dealer...

Chartreux

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 07:37:17 pm »
I e-mailed both BeachComber and Arctic and only 1 reply from Arctic, So I probably will not even try BeachComber.
I'll need a more reliable company.
So far Sundance and Hot Springs have answered e-mails pretty good, Bullfrog okay with e-mails, a little slow...

Are the Coyote branding from Arctic actual an Arctic tub or are they another company. I liked the Coyote Tucson on the Arctic website it's spelled Tuscon, so I'm awaiting info on that one and if they have a dealer near me, they listed one place but no address...

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2014, 07:56:09 pm »
it will be above your budget but i'll just go ahead and leave this right here... 8)

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2014, 09:24:47 pm »
it will be above your budget but i'll just go ahead and leave this right here... 8)

Way to assume!     

mkymitts

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 09:56:52 pm »
just bought a Jacuzzi j365. Any reason jacuzzi has not been mentioned here?????

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2014, 09:56:52 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42