What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: New vs used  (Read 10310 times)

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: New vs used
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 11:54:41 am »
The two previous posters are dealers, if you can believe that, and I will disagree with both of their posts.  You don't have to be a DIY'er to own a used tub.  There are hot tub service folks that can help you out who are not dealers.  And when your warranty expires, you graduate to a certified DIY'er anyway, unless you pay for continued service from your dealer. 

Here's my story.  We went to 3 local dealers and had 7 wet tests so we knew what my family was looking for. We were going to buy a Marquis Epic if we couldn't find a nice used one.   I used searchtempest to look for a used tub.  Within the first hour of looking, we found a used jacuzzi that was less than one year old, for half the price of new.  The tub was 7.5 hrs away, cost me $300 for gas, but it was all well worth the trip.  The tub was on sale at my local jacuzzi dealer for $11,500.  I may have gotten the dealer to go down to $10,000, but then I still had to pay sales tax and other small start up fees, so delivered to my house would have been $10,500 to $11,000.  I paid $5000 for this tub.  If a pump fails or the heater burns out in the next 5 years, I'm still way ahead.  The deals are out there, you just have to be patient, or in my case, get lucky in the first hour.
Good advice.  Yours is a rare story.  Exactly the type of deal one should get with a pre-wined spa from a dealer with a warranty.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Hot Tub Forum

Re: New vs used
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2014, 11:54:41 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42