What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Best Protectant for the vinyl top Hot tub covers  (Read 7141 times)

Chartreux

Best Protectant for the vinyl top Hot tub covers
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:30:27 am »
What is the best protectant to buy to keep the vinyl covers lasting for years?
How often should the top covers be treated?
Any Suggestions for the care of the Hot Tub Covers, please...
Thank You

Hot Tub Forum

Best Protectant for the vinyl top Hot tub covers
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:30:27 am »

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
Re: Best Protectant for the vinyl top Hot tub covers
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 11:48:03 am »
There is a product called 301 that is a protectant commonly sold at boat stores.  It works well for me, but its usually double the price if you find it at a hot tub dealer.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 12:04:30 pm »
How about, 303 ?
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 01:13:27 pm »
How about, 303 ?

Thanks for that, i just got back from vacation and was looking at my cover and thinking I need to stop in an get some 303.  Its been awhile (fall)  Are you one of the subscribers to the belief that Armor All  is bad?
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

Dr. Spa™ Ret.

• Ultimate Member
  • Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 01:51:51 pm »
Very much so!!!!!

Some years ago, someone om one of these boards posted a response from them about using their product on spa covers. THEY said they couldn't assure how it might perform as they didn't know what kind of vinyl was used in spa covers.
If you can't sell it on eBay, it may not even qualify as landfill.

Retired (mostly) from the industry after 33 years...but still putzing around with a consumer information website, and trying to sell obsolete owners manuals

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 02:53:27 pm »
Very much so!!!!!

Some years ago, someone om one of these boards posted a response from them about using their product on spa covers. THEY said they couldn't assure how it might perform as they didn't know what kind of vinyl was used in spa covers.

I do remember that posts.  I've seen stuff on their website countering the drying claim, but that was a bit ago.

Bill

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 02:56:31 pm »
303 Aerospace Protectant is the product and it works great on spa covers.  I just ordered a gallon for $39 from Amazon - a lot cheaper than buying smaller quantities.  I also use it on my truck's tonneau cover. I try to clean then apply to the spa cover once a month.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 05:06:18 pm »
There are other silicon based products as good as 303

Armor-all is like heroin for for vinyl/plastic/rubber. It feels and looks great when it's high/fresh on it. But you have to inject/apply it more and more, so much more. And if you stop it shrivels up and has withdrawals. Petroleum based is for cleaning.
Retired

bullet72

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 10:44:56 am »
303 Aerospace Protectant is the product and it works great on spa covers.  I just ordered a gallon for $39 from Amazon - a lot cheaper than buying smaller quantities.  I also use it on my truck's tonneau cover. I try to clean then apply to the spa cover once a month.

Thanks for sharing. It sounds like an amazing product. Who knew that it could be also used on tonneau covers. Will try it on my pickup truck.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2017, 10:44:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42