What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Looking for a good dealer near metro Detroit for an entry level tub  (Read 4785 times)

edog600

Hello,  this is my first post.  I was wondering if anyone can recommend a reputable dealer in metro Detroit to purchase a hot tub from.  I am hoping to get an entry level 3-5 person tub for around $5,000 if that's possible.  Also if anyone can recommend some brands or models.  I understand I will be limited due to price.  I had a tub at my old house about ten years ago,  a basic Catalina that seemed to work just fine.  Quality is more important to me then bells and whistles.  I'm sure this gets asked a lot but any info to get me started would be great.  Thank you

Hot Tub Forum

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Take a look at Nordic Hot Tubs.  They are known for making affordable no frills tubs with good quality.  Most of their tubs are in that price range and they are made in Grand Rapids, MI

edog600

Thanks for the tip.  I stopped at a couple places today.  Pools and spas a go go had a basic model 4-5 person four winds for 5,100 and a Mira with stereo and some other bells and whistles for 5,900.  only a 1 year warranty on electronics and I have never heard of either of them.  The Hot Springs dealer has a basic Rhythm 7 person model for 6,000 with a 3 year warranty on electronics.  I read good things about Hot Springs on here.  All prices included cover,  steps and delivery.  I will take a look at the Nordic Spas.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Thanks for the tip.  I stopped at a couple places today.  Pools and spas a go go had a basic model 4-5 person four winds for 5,100 and a Mira with stereo and some other bells and whistles for 5,900.  only a 1 year warranty on electronics and I have never heard of either of them.  The Hot Springs dealer has a basic Rhythm 7 person model for 6,000 with a 3 year warranty on electronics.  I read good things about Hot Springs on here.  All prices included cover,  steps and delivery.  I will take a look at the Nordic Spas.

Hot Spot rhythm is a decent spa but it's only a 2 year warranty on electronics not 3 year.  I would pass on the 4 winds

edog600

Well, after researching Nordic,  I am really liking the Retreat SE with stereo and extra insulation package.  Looks like it comes with a 3 year warranty on internal parts.  The downside,  I filled out the request form for a dealer to contact me about 3 days ago and nobody has contacted me.  I messaged them again last night and today again on facebook so we will see if anyone gets back to me,  not a good sign so far.  I did find a dealer on their website a little ways a way in Grand Blanc but he flat out said he is more of a pool guy and didn't know a lot about them.  He could get the Spa for me for $4400,  $130 more for the insulation pckg,  $300 for stereo and $195 for cover.  Also an extra $200 to get it on my deck instead of in my driveway.  Supposedly there is a dealer in Shelby Twp but I can't find them.  Would be nice to find someone close by that knows more about them so I can feel confident in my purchase.  If anyone knows of a dealer please let me know.  You would think the sales people would be swarming me like flies.  I'll try calling headquarters on Monday. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
If you message me your details I will reach out to my rep and see if I can't get someone to take car of you. Do you have any specific questions on the tub?  I've been a dealer of them for a long time and will help any way I can

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Well, after researching Nordic,  I am really liking the Retreat SE with stereo and extra insulation package.  Looks like it comes with a 3 year warranty on internal parts.  The downside,  I filled out the request form for a dealer to contact me about 3 days ago and nobody has contacted me.  I messaged them again last night and today again on facebook so we will see if anyone gets back to me,  not a good sign so far.  I did find a dealer on their website a little ways a way in Grand Blanc but he flat out said he is more of a pool guy and didn't know a lot about them.  He could get the Spa for me for $4400,  $130 more for the insulation pckg,  $300 for stereo and $195 for cover.  Also an extra $200 to get it on my deck instead of in my driveway.  Supposedly there is a dealer in Shelby Twp but I can't find them.  Would be nice to find someone close by that knows more about them so I can feel confident in my purchase.  If anyone knows of a dealer please let me know.  You would think the sales people would be swarming me like flies.  I'll try calling headquarters on Monday.

I think you know all you need to know.  they don't reach out to you during the sales process.  How are they going to take care of you when they have your money?
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

edog600

Im turned off on the Nordic spas not being able to see them before ordering.   What about a Bahama HorseshoeBay by Dynasty?  Local dealer has them.  Full foam insulation,   Ballad spa pack vs Gecko,  cover,  co er lift,  steps,  delivered to my deck,  4 months chemicals,  Kenwood stereo,   led lights but no Ozonator.   3 year warranty on internal parts.  $4800.  Dealer has been around a while

edog600

That's Balboa spa pack

edog600

also for about $1000 more I can get into a similar Great Lakes spa with the same accessories from a different dealer

edog600

Re: Looking for a good dealer near metro Detroit for an entry level tub
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 03:38:03 am »
Well,  Dynasty seems to have a so so reputation at best.  This is also labeled a Bahama which I can't find too much info on.  It is also a left over,  non current model.  It seems nice for the price and extras but I am kinda scared by its rep.  I'm going to look at Cal spas tomorrow.  Nordic still seems to have the best rep in my price range But just that one dealer who does not stock them,  and didn't return my last email, but did return my previous 2.  This whole business seems so shady.  At best I want a decent middle of the road spa,  good warranty and easily found replaceable parts and service techs after the warranty is over.

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 08:16:32 am »
What other brands do you have in your area?

edog600

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 09:43:54 am »
Nordi (not really)
Bahama (not really)
Great Lakes
Four Winds
Mira
Hot Springs
Cal Spas
Jacuzzi
Sundance
Master
Caldera,  I hear they may have an affordable entry level

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 09:46:50 am »
Check out the vacanza series by Caldera, the j200 series by jacauzzi, the hot spot series by hot springs and sundance also has a entry level tub can't remember the name.  I personally wouldn't nuy master, four winds or cal and have never heard of mira.

clover

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 11:33:56 am »
Check out the vacanza series by Caldera, the j200 series by jacauzzi, the hot spot series by hot springs and sundance also has a entry level tub can't remember the name.  I personally wouldn't nuy master, four winds or cal and have never heard of mira.
Edog.. check out the Artesianspas.com Web site for multiple choices to consider.  They are locally available to you and they are a worthy consideration.
Trying to be the unbaised voice of reason.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2014, 11:33:56 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42