What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J-345 versus Bullfrog R7  (Read 22614 times)

Topline Mike

Re: Jacuzzi J-345 versus Bullfrog R7
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 12:14:46 pm »
I'm curious as to your thoughts on the neck blaster.  I believe the A8 we wet tested had one, and I wasn't impressed.  There just wasn't much "blasting" coming down from those upper jets.  The ocsilator (sp) was my favorite.  Have fun. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2014, 12:14:46 pm »

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2014, 02:36:38 pm »
I think we have found our tub!  ...and it's neither of the two in this thread.  :o

We tested the Bullfrog R7L and from the get-go we just didn't care for it.  This was a big surprise for me because I was heavily leaning to the Bullfrog.  As everyone's said a thousand times, wet-test!  1. Neither of us fit well in the lounger (of course we're looking for a non-lounger model). 2. On high speed, we were getting pushed out of the seats, it was hard to stay planted.  Had to turn adjustment way down.  3. There's no foot-dome to help keep you planted, something in the Jacuzzi 345 that I found that I really missed here. 

I did like the feel of the Oscillator and the Rain shower jetpacks, the neck-blaster was nice too, but it was just NOT the spa for us and it was obvious.

So, what did we find?  Something we looked at originally and dismissed in favor of the flashy Jetpack design - a Sunrise S104.  I'll have to look through previous posts to see everyone's assessment of Sunrise, but we really liked the tub.  The price is on par with the Jacuzzi and Caldera, but this tub had a Bluetooth audio system, and included delivery, cover lift, steps, etc... Something I'd negotiate with the others.  The LED package was the best we've seen, the individual seat controls were our favorite thus far, and it was so very comfortable for us.  Wet-test success!

I'm not sure if it's possible to highjack my own thread, but what's everyone's experience with Sunrise?

Topline Mike

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2014, 09:15:37 pm »
Never heard of a sunrise, but I did find them on google.  I checked the BBB and they only had 2 claims against them.  Sounds like you found "the one".  Enjoy. 

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2014, 09:56:18 pm »
Have heard of sunrise,they are Florida bases company I believe. I would check on there energy efficiency. I believe they use thermopane insulation. If done properly it's fine if not it's A energy hog

Lionheart_CHP

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2014, 08:05:21 am »
Actually, they are a Canadian company, but they have a distribution center in FL.  (I believe this is accurate).  Seems they are very popular in Canada and the UK.

I'm going to start a new thread to keep things tidy.

Thank you everyone on the Bullfrog-Jacuzzi discussion.  For me, the Jacuzzi is still in the running based on brand reputation alone - although the wet test has led me solidly in the direction of the Sunrise.

red2play

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 12:24:58 pm »
We tested the Bullfrog R7L and from the get-go we just didn't care for it.   As everyone's said a thousand times, wet-test!  1. Neither of us fit well in the lounger (of course we're looking for a non-lounger model). 2. On high speed, we were getting pushed out of the seats, it was hard to stay planted.  Had to turn adjustment way down.  3. There's no foot-dome to help keep you planted, something in the Jacuzzi 345 that I found that I really missed here. 

I did like the feel of the Oscillator and the Rain shower jetpacks, the neck-blaster was nice too, but it was just NOT the spa for us and it was obvious.

So, what did we find?  Something we looked at originally and dismissed in favor of the flashy Jetpack design - a Sunrise S104.  I'll have to look through previous posts to see everyone's assessment of Sunrise, but we really liked the tub.    Wet-test success!

Congrats and thank goodness you didn't buy something you didn't like.  As you can see, we all have our own experiences and tastes.  As for the model, I'd look into the local dealer complaints (look for them online and with the BBB and maybe with your local court to see if they have been sued) beyond that, its the warranty that matters.  You can also call the manufacturer to see if a local dealer goes down if they will honor the warranty with another local dealer somewhat close to you.  Beyond that, there's the reputation factor and for that you'll have to perhaps wait for more responses.  DON'T LET anyone tell you who's the best, you should determine that for yourself!  BTW, be sure to review the warranty and understand it completely and compare it to what others are offering.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2014, 12:24:58 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42