What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Bacquacil????  (Read 2090 times)

mkymitts

Bacquacil????
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:23:38 pm »
Used it on my pool years ago and it was good. Any one ever used it for a tub?????

Thanks

Hot Tub Forum

Bacquacil????
« on: April 08, 2014, 08:23:38 pm »

hottubdan

• Ultimate Member
  • In the spa business for over 20 years.
Re: Bacquacil????
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 12:28:04 am »
We have hundreds of customers who use BaquaSpa. A little different.  You have to follow the recipe.
Award winning Hot Spring dealer for a gazillion years.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 07:21:50 pm »
It's an algaecide right? Pardon the comparison but like the stuff you put in your septic tank to react with the solids and break them down creating off gas (methane). Does the same in your spa water. Good bacteria fights off, eats, bad bacteria?

Somethin like that?

Please correct me and clarify someone.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 09:40:55 pm »
It's an algaecide right? Pardon the comparison but like the stuff you put in your septic tank to react with the solids and break them down creating off gas (methane). Does the same in your spa water. Good bacteria fights off, eats, bad bacteria?

Somethin like that?

Please correct me and clarify someone.

It's a biguanide. The biggest problems I see with it in spas is it leaves a nasty black scum line around the top. Also it's a very gummy product, I have seen it clog circ pumps. Another issue I have seen is people putting in too much of the shock which is a hydrogen peroxide and it gives them breathing problems almost like you are choking. I don't recommend it but stock it for the 10-12 customers I have who use it.

chem geek

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 01:26:46 am »
Baquacil is a disinfectant and it is approved by the EPA for use in pools and spas.  The hydrogen peroxide is used as an oxidizer to oxidize bather waste.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 01:26:46 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42