What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hot Tub Warranties  (Read 2171 times)

rosewoodsteel

Hot Tub Warranties
« on: April 01, 2014, 01:28:34 pm »
Just curious- Is a manufacturer's hot tub warranty, like that of an auto warranty, honored by all of that manufacturer's dealers? 

Hot Tub Forum

Hot Tub Warranties
« on: April 01, 2014, 01:28:34 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Hot Tub Warranties
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 01:47:35 pm »

Usually the dealer who sold the tub is responsible for any warranty work.  If a dealer goes out of business the factory would ask the next closest dealer to perform the service.  I have done this a few times over the years.  When I sell a tub I don't charge trip charges but if I'm doing warranty work for a tub I didn't sell I charge trip charges

rosewoodsteel

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2014, 01:51:39 pm »
Thanks!
I was wondering about that.

CHTR

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 07:11:59 pm »
Distance to the repair and who sold you the spa are the main factors. Retailers that were not involved in the sale are under no obligation to repair a spa under warranty, even if they carry the same brand. Ultimately the final responsibility to honor warranty is from the manufacturer, and this is likely limited to manufacturer defects and failure within the warranty period. Manufacturers typically do not cover more than an hour (if labor is covered) for component replacements and no trip charges. In most cases local technicians can perform warranty work if your retailer no longer exists and you may then need to seek reimbursement with the manufacturer. It's always best to confirm the warranty before purchasing the spa to ensure that you have coverage that you can be comfortable with.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 08:40:35 pm »
I charge customers and supply them with the tools for reimbursement from manufacturers. Guys like me thrive on dealers going out of business and box store/internet tubs. Been slow for me only did 3 repairs so far this year. My knees are getting to old to spend much time on in hot tub equipment bays. Good thing I have another job. Dealers around here seem to be holding steady.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 08:40:35 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42