What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Hello everyone, seeking advice on new purchase  (Read 4676 times)

jerryk

Hello everyone, seeking advice on new purchase
« on: March 25, 2014, 06:01:21 pm »
Hello, I'm in the process of purchasing a new hot tub. I owned a late 80's Cal Spa several tears ago, since then things have changed a lot. 1st budget about 11k, size needed about 5 people, located on my deck. I have just started looking, we had a show in the metro Detroit area and I have viewed the Master Spa Twilight 7.2 with the usual equipment and stereo thrown in for 8.5k. Today looked at the Sundance 780 Hamilton, recommended by a relative with the same equipment for 11.2k I would like to know if any one could give me some assistance on theses tubs along with any other possibilities. As I stated, I went to the pool & spa show, seems every dealer cut up the other dealer's products. When I left the place I felt more confused than when i got there. After reading a lot of posts on this site  I thought this would be a great place to start. Please feel free to chime in, all information and advice would be of a great help, thanks Jerry.   

Hot Tub Forum

Hello everyone, seeking advice on new purchase
« on: March 25, 2014, 06:01:21 pm »

richierich

Re: Hello everyone, seeking advice on new purchase
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2014, 07:30:50 pm »
Sundance makes a great spa/ hot tub but that seems high for a 700 series tub. With your budget you can afford their top series 800 tubs. The Cameo or the Optima would be in your budget with money left over. Wet tests would help you  immensely.

Mudheadsports

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 07:49:45 pm »
We just purchased a sundance cameo in January and love it!!!!!!!  I will say that we've had a couple glitches.....had to have a speaker replaced and the waterfall lights went out....we are waiting for the weather to get better to have them replaced.....
Good luck on your search!!!!!

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 07:56:19 pm »
With your budget you have a huge selection to choose from (depending on what you have in your local area of course) I always start by recommending some of the longest standing top brands in the industry: Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Sundance, Marquis and Bullfrog which is a newer company (relatively speaking) also has some nice tubs.  From there I would visit your local dealers and get a feel for each of them, ie: how does the sales staff treat you? do they have 'up to date' newer product on the floor? have they been around awhile (check local google reviews, BBB, etc.) whats the condition of their store, etc. etc. from there narrow down a few models, wet test as many as you can....find one that suits your family and your budget, bring in the checkbook and negotiate  ;D

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2014, 07:02:50 am »
Hello, I'm in the process of purchasing a new hot tub. I owned a late 80's Cal Spa several tears ago, since then things have changed a lot. 1st budget about 11k, size needed about 5 people, located on my deck. I have just started looking, we had a show in the metro Detroit area and I have viewed the Master Spa Twilight 7.2 with the usual equipment and stereo thrown in for 8.5k. Today looked at the Sundance 780 Hamilton, recommended by a relative with the same equipment for 11.2k I would like to know if any one could give me some assistance on theses tubs along with any other possibilities. As I stated, I went to the pool & spa show, seems every dealer cut up the other dealer's products. When I left the place I felt more confused than when i got there. After reading a lot of posts on this site  I thought this would be a great place to start. Please feel free to chime in, all information and advice would be of a great help, thanks Jerry.

Sundance makes a good tub. Any other options in your area?
Retired

wmccall

• Global Moderator
  • Mentor Level Member
    • https://www.facebook.com/BillMcCall1959/
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2014, 07:26:51 am »
I owned a late 80's Cal Spa several tears ago,

Freudian slip?  ;D  I am a happy Sundance owner for coming close to two years now.  The only thing I have to say about Master is that they are not well liked for their marketing tactics and their own shows we call "The traveling circus".   I last looked at them in 2003, the local dealer went out of business and they have 4 or 5 dealers in my town since.
Member since 2003.  Owner Dynasty Excalibur 2003-2012.   Sundance Majesta from 2012-current

rin-spa-aic

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2014, 01:47:15 pm »
If you are considering Master take off the side panel and peek inside at the equipment.  The Masters I looked at were nice on the outside and are even good to sit in, but you open it up and it seemed poorly constructed vs. other manufacturers.

red2play

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 11:06:56 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMkSj8BGU7k

I don't like what I see from the Master Tub, I can see wood on the inside and a lot of manual labor.  Not a fan of that at all but just because I'm not a fan means nothing because you might enjoy the Master Tub.  That being said, I sincerely hope they aren't still using wood inside the frame.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 11:18:18 pm by red2play »

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 06:52:09 am »
Wood makes a great frame for a hot tub and will outlast the tub.
Retired

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 06:52:09 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42