What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Power Light Blinks: 2000 Hot Springs Landmark  (Read 4461 times)

RayandPaula

Power Light Blinks: 2000 Hot Springs Landmark
« on: March 23, 2014, 09:53:32 am »
Hi,
I have a 2000 Hot Springs Landmark spa. The spa was up to temperature showing the green temperature light along with the red power light. The filters are clean and there "has not" been a power failure. This happens with or without turning on the jets.
Does anyone know what would suddenly cause the red power light to begin blinking? This has happened numerous times before. The power & heater electrical breakers "are not" tripping. The only fix I have found is to perform the following steps;
1) Turn both breakers off (Power & heat).
2) Wait five to ten minutes and flip the power breaker on.
3)Wait another five to ten minutes and flip the heater breaker on.
Sometimes I have to repeat these steps in order to get it back to regular operating status.
Once corrected, everything would be fine for a couple days and then for some reason the power light begins to flash again. I'd like to add that I have upgraded the factory heater assembly, Thermistor, Control thermostat & Thermistor, Spa high limit back in May of 2008. Your help would be most appreciated. Thanks, Ray

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/pools-spas-hot-tubs/520250-power-light-blinks-2000-hot-springs-landmark.html#ixzz2wnGJuR00

Hot Tub Forum

Power Light Blinks: 2000 Hot Springs Landmark
« on: March 23, 2014, 09:53:32 am »

Isaac-1

Re: Power Light Blinks: 2000 Hot Springs Landmark
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 12:01:02 pm »
Overheat on the heater, are you getting good flow from your circulation pump? 

RayandPaula

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:54:42 am »
Hi, Thanks for the reply...... This may very well be the problem. Once the weather breaks here in Michigan I will remove the access panel and look things over. I know this hot tub has two pumps, but I don't know how to tell one from the other and how to access them. Do you know of any diagrams that are available for my hot tub? If so, please let me know. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks, Ray

dunecritter

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 10:40:10 am »
Your Circ pump is a small pump roughly 6"x6"x6" and is connected directly to the heater. It should have a decal on it stating "Silent Flo 5000". Your main jet pump is much larger and will be very obvious to tell them apart. Good luck and report back when you get a chance to investigate. Working on hot tubs is far from rocket science and you can do just about any repair on a tub with a voltage meter, pliers and a set of screw drivers! There are many very experienced Techs that often visit this site and are always willing to lend an educated/experienced opinion.

Isaac-1

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 10:49:22 am »
There are also multiple youtube videos on changing out these circulation pumps, search youtube for hot spring tub pumps (some of course are better than others).

RayandPaula

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 02:07:40 pm »
In a word.... Awesome! I can't thank you two enough for all your help. This is the first thing i'm going to look at. It will probably be awhile before i can get to it, but I will report back here to let you know. I can't thank you enough..... I sincerely appreciate it, Ray

RayandPaula

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2014, 08:46:48 am »
If my circulation pump is slow and/or partially plugged, etc. would it trip even with the heater being off? In other words, i'm thinking of turning on the power to the pump, but leaving the heater off to see if it trips. Thanks again for all your help. Ray

LukeHSS

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 03:02:35 pm »
Also try removing the Circulation Pump Filter from the gray standpipe in your filter compartment. Then try resetting the tub from the breaker. See if that helps because sometimes a blockage in the filter will cause overheating or no heat.

RayandPaula

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 08:55:10 am »
Hi, I removed the gray pipe with the circulation pump on.... Hardly anything at all...... This must be the problem. I do see a very soft stream exiting through. As soon as the weather breaks I'll dig into it. I can't thank you enough for all your help. Ray

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 08:55:10 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42