What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Jacuzzi J315  (Read 9209 times)

doodle

Jacuzzi J315
« on: March 09, 2014, 12:06:34 pm »
First time buyer here.  Took the advice on this forum and went to wet test at the Jacuzzi dealer.  I can't say enough about what good advice that is -- our experience was almost completely opposite of what our expectations were going in.   We tried a J315 because it was the only 300 series available to try and SURPRISE my husband fell in love with this tub.  It was very comfortable and deeper than it looks.  He also did not float in it as he did in the other models we tried.  I like the 300 series on paper because it seems to offer the quality features but not necessarily all the bling like lighted cup holders that we don't care about  (although in the wet test I personally actually preferred the J245).   However, I am very uneasy about whether the 315 is perhaps too small.   It will just be the two of us in the tub so capacity is not the issue.     Can anyone offer their experience with this model tub -- have there been any regrets that it is too small?    Does anyone know what makes somebody float?  I did not have this problem.   What is considered a fair price on this tub?  I don't want to rip the dealer but I don't want to get ripped either lol.

Hot Tub Forum

Jacuzzi J315
« on: March 09, 2014, 12:06:34 pm »

Isaac-1

Re: Jacuzzi J315
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 12:44:32 pm »
I don't own a J315, but I did buy a  Hot Spring Jetsetter in January which is almost exactly the same size and general layout (the J315 is a couple of inches deeper and a couple of inches shorter).  With my tub it is usally just me in the tub, but on the occasions that there have been 2 people in it, I have felt there is enough room for comfort, however ability to rotate from seat to seat is limited, and requires a certain amount of coordination.  One issue I have experienced that I did not expect, but should have, is the problem with changing water level when there is one vs two people in such a small tub.  Simply put when the water is so low as to almost expose the neck jets when no one is in the tub, it will be about right with 1 person, and near overflowing if you add a second person, and I can't imagine what would happen with a third.  So as to size, it works for me as a 1 person, or occasional 2 person tub, but it was always going to be more than just me I would probably want something a little bigger, so I could change seating (types of jets) without forcing the other person to move..

doodle

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 01:19:47 pm »
Thanks - wow had not even considered that at all!

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 01:44:22 pm »
 Hard to compare the J-245 to the 315.   Depends what you really want size wise in the end.   J-315 has a better warranty, circ system, nicer jets and great filtration for a spa it's size..   The J-245 is a bigger spa, 2 year warranty but it also has 2 pumps vs one 1.5 hp Price is also going to be higher on the 315.   The question is how many people will be in the spa 80% of the time?   If only two then the 315 fits, but it's also nice to have room to move around even if only 2 people..    Tough choice! 

doodle

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 03:25:18 pm »
You have just nailed my dilemma on the head Jacuzzi Jim.  When I went in, I did not want the 200 series because of the lower warranty etc, etc.  I was sold on a J345.   My husband wanted the J245 for the price/value.   After the wet test.  I liked the 245 but he loved the 315.   We are being quoted a very similar price on both models -- $6800 (total).   I'm thinking this seems too high for the 245 (floor model sale) and maybe even both.  And if the 315 is $6800 I don't know what the 345 would be but I'm guessing way out of budget.    I'm wondering after the water level comment if maybe a J335 would be a good compromise.   Now that that issue was raised, that was a problem during the wet test -- we had to move slow not to slosh the water out.

Basically choosing between the Jacuzzi models at this point.  Through research had narrowed to Jacuzzi, Hot Springs, and Marquis.   Hot Springs and Marquis lost us through the shopping experience (which could be a whole different thread on how not to sell a hot tub).   I think the $7K range should be plenty to get a good tub but having a hard time knowing where to put the money.   

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 04:45:14 pm »
The 335 should be priced the same as the J-345.  We sell it at 8500 or so,  I use to dislike the J-335 but this year they added a few more jets and another divertor to make it more appealing..    6800 for the 315 is where we are as well..    If they are 2013 300 series spas they should negotiate on price a bit since everything changed on the 300 series this year. 

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 04:45:14 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42