What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: Smart Top Covers from Leisure Concepts....  (Read 20527 times)

Water Boy

Smart Top Covers from Leisure Concepts....
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:28:10 pm »
Any of you dealers selling the Smart Top covers from Leisure Concepts? Or, do any of you customers out there own a smart top cover? I'm just not to sure on them yet. Pretty pricey covers... Any feedback, good or bad would be great!
http://www.leisureconcepts.com/main.php?page=47
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

Smart Top Covers from Leisure Concepts....
« on: March 06, 2014, 05:28:10 pm »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
Re: Smart Top Covers from Leisure Concepts....
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 05:30:43 pm »
That's my biggest problem with them also, the cost. It looks like a neat concept but I want them to be out for a bit and get some feedback before I start selling them.

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 06:38:45 pm »
Way too heavy imo...they had one setup on a Prodigy (small spa) at the Vegas show and I couldn't believe how heavy it was, I couldn't imagine putting one on a Grandee or any of the "large" spas from any manufacture and it being customer friendly

Jacuzzi Jim

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 07:12:54 pm »
 We looked at bringing one in, and customer cost just didn't make sense.. Had no idea on the weight part of it..  :o

TwinCitiesHotSpring

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 08:03:00 pm »
We looked at bringing one in, and customer cost just didn't make sense.. Had no idea on the weight part of it..  :o

ya I was surprised and of course its just my opinion but honestly if you have an older couple, or even a couple where the wife uses the spa alone, with a 7' x 7' or larger I see it being a tough sell between the weight of it and the price

Hottubprosne

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 11:44:11 am »
We have sold 2 or 3 of the smart tops the rubber skirting was an issue but the factory has changed the way its attached. The lifts are a b**** to install. the front half is heavy but if there are large dogs or kids its a good way to go we sold them at $1500.00 installed.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 04:59:03 pm »
I think they look nice but I think you give up some R-value. 3-4 standard covers?? Not sure it isn't a wash or maybe conventional cover a winner in ROI.
Retired

Leisure Concepts

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 03:58:34 pm »
I thought I might share a quote from a Smartop dealer who is VERY successful selling this Great Product.

"I did an analysis of the Smartop orders we have placed since starting with them in the middle of March. So far, we have ordered and/or received 36 Smartops (there may be a few more, but they aren't entered into the system here yet). Of the 36:

6 were placed on showroom floor models
13 were sold with new tubs
17 were sold to customers with existing hot tubs

As you can see, there is absolutely an aftermarket business with the Smartop"

Here is a company creating happy customers while increasing business day after day.

Smartop is the new evolution in Spa Covers.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:09:31 am by Leisure Concepts »

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 05:18:35 pm »
Regular covers don't really way any more until the vapor barrier gets damaged as it begins to be water logged.  Also how does it lose R-value if the barrier is still intact it should the same as it was on day one.  I agree that it's a neat concept but until the price comes down it's a hard sell. 

Sam

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 06:39:00 pm »

Many of the concerns I see on here are the weight of the cover. We all know the traditional cover starts off day one light weight and even by day 30 it will not be the original weight. Not to mention day 365 when the foam cover has lost "R" and is continuing to gain weight.

This is B.S.

Also, have you fixed the skirt problem?  I heard that you were having quite a few issues with it pulling out.

Leisure Concepts

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 07:25:02 pm »
Like with all new products they may have minor issues. We have taken care of the skirt concerns and not more issues.

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 07:18:51 am »

Many of the concerns I see on here are the weight of the cover. We all know the traditional cover starts off day one light weight and even by day 30 it will not be the original weight. Not to mention day 365 when the foam cover has lost "R" and is continuing to gain weight.

This is B.S.

Also, have you fixed the skirt problem?  I heard that you were having quite a few issues with it pulling out.

I agree with the BS part. Its more common to have regular soft covers last for 5-7 years with no weight gain. Unless the liner is damaged you can potentially throw away a cover and get a new one in 6 years that has the same R value as the day it was new. And that is more common for hot tub owners. So a 5-7 year old regular cover still has 3-4 times the R value when it's disposed of than your very nice hard cover.
Retired

Leisure Concepts

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 10:15:17 am »
I wanted to post some insight on he new product and answer questions that people may have.
Smartop is a great product and will only continue to get better.

dunecritter

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 11:06:05 am »
Not sure I like how the acrylic is exposed....

Water Boy

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 11:22:48 am »
Not sure I like how the acrylic is exposed....
I think you can get them with or without a skirt. I could be wrong on that, but I have seen some pics where there is a skirt and the acrylic isnt showing. I wouldn't want to expose the acrylic either.
Arctic Spas Dealer of the Year- 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 11:22:48 am »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42