What's the Best Hot Tub

Author Topic: HELP HELP HELP  (Read 4886 times)

ramone

HELP HELP HELP
« on: March 02, 2014, 12:27:41 am »
Hi all, really glad there is a board here.
After much research and trying to learn about these hot tubs, we went to the Calgary home & Garden show today and I feel like I got taken. Anyway the salesman was smooth, I told him I would like to see the model we were interested in buying, they did not have it at the home show. So he sent us down to World of Spas on Center St. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada.
Dynastyspas, so I get home and start reading reviews on the internet about these spas, and there not very good, our model is the Club series CLB7N, all in we paid 7344.75, put 1,500 dollar deposit on our Mastercard, so do we try tomorrow  and make a stop payment or do any of you have any feed back on these spas or this company. Also at the show the guy said it had a 5.5 KLW heater. At the store he said it has a 4 KLW heater, I told him the guy at the show said 5.5, he went and looked and said yes its a 5.5, but you look on the web site and it says 4 KLW heater, am I going crazy here for nothing ? this might be a good tub ? I thank you so much in advance, all of your experience is invaluable
Ramone & Kathy
Thanks again

Hot Tub Forum

HELP HELP HELP
« on: March 02, 2014, 12:27:41 am »

Isaac-1

Re: HELP HELP HELP
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 03:24:07 am »
I know you are in Canada and there is an exchange rate issue, but that sounds like way too much for a cheap hot tub with a poor reputation.  Consider I was quoted a price nearly identical to what you paid in U.S. dollars for a Arctic Spa's Laredo just last month, which is a similar size high qaulity tub.

Ryan VSO

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 11:17:01 am »
Hi all, really glad there is a board here.
After much research and trying to learn about these hot tubs, we went to the Calgary home & Garden show today and I feel like I got taken. Anyway the salesman was smooth, I told him I would like to see the model we were interested in buying, they did not have it at the home show. So he sent us down to World of Spas on Center St. I live in Calgary Alberta Canada.
Dynastyspas, so I get home and start reading reviews on the internet about these spas, and there not very good, our model is the Club series CLB7N, all in we paid 7344.75, put 1,500 dollar deposit on our Mastercard, so do we try tomorrow  and make a stop payment or do any of you have any feed back on these spas or this company. Also at the show the guy said it had a 5.5 KLW heater. At the store he said it has a 4 KLW heater, I told him the guy at the show said 5.5, he went and looked and said yes its a 5.5, but you look on the web site and it says 4 KLW heater, am I going crazy here for nothing ? this might be a good tub ? I thank you so much in advance, all of your experience is invaluable
Ramone & Kathy
Thanks again

Hi , I live in Canada aswell , the Dynasty hot tub are sold by Trevi , you can get this tub for 5 k in Quebec . As I know Dynasty use Gecko spa controller and they are not offering 5.5 kw heater only 4kw but at the end you will be saving on your electricity bills with a 4 kw heater ( thats what gecko says )  . Dynasty are made in a way that they can sell them cheap so it is a good hot tub if you only have 5 k to spend but for 7 k I would of bought something else especially that its a 82 x 82 hot tub .

ntmad8tr

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 09:11:28 pm »
Well I will tell you that just about 3 yrs ago I was shopping for a tub and did not know of this site but went to some dealers around the area and one day was down in Chattanooga,TN(about 80 miles or so south of my house) and one of the dealers told me I should go about 40 miles or so up I-75 and I would see the Dynatsy factory.  So we drove up there and talked with them and they gave us a tour of the factory and showed us how they were built, and how they tested each tub. It was very informative.  They have a show room there, of course, and we looked at the models and actually found one that we really liked and came out with a great deal on it.  Looking on their website now it looks as if the models have changed a little bit, but ours is very similar to the Topsail model from the Nautical series, except it has 3 pumps and a few more jets, ours is 55 and the Topsail is 48. Ours is the Caspian 55.  I have had 2 problems with my tub, one was one of the diverters was damaged at some point(broken threads, and don't know if it was us or shipped that way) that shot out of the tub when I shifted the associated pump to fast. The service man came the 130ish miles a couple days after I called and explained what happened and then the other problem was that the control screen got cracked (i believe by one of my daughters friends who was over) and they came and replaced it, and again in just a couple of days from when I called and that was only because their maintenance manager told me he had a couple guys gone to Canada to do some repairs and training for some dealerships up there and one out sick.  So I know they do not have the best reputation or are viewed as a great spa company but I have had only those 2 problems, and have been in the tub every day since it arrived at the house with the exception of when we have been on vacation or it rained just too hard to be out in it. The water is 102 degrees and the jets feel great on my achy body after my long hard 12.5 hour night shifts. So I guess what I am saying is they may have some bad reviews but they aren't total crap either and you will probably enjoy your tub. The price I am not sure on, the website says that the Club model is their most affordable line of tubs but the price you paid, I will say, is slightly above what I talked them into for the one we bought at the factory.  And I am quite sure that WM, one of the moderators here, had a dynasty spa for something like 10 years.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:14:44 pm by ntmad8tr »

brillskill

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 02:49:36 pm »
if you have buyers remorse,go with your gut and just cancell and take some time to think about what you want to do..that goes for every large purchase

Tman122

• Ultimate Member
  • If it Ain't Broke
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 04:16:44 pm »
I think Dynasty makes a pretty decent mid range line of tubs. I've seen a few.
Retired

Hottubguy

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 08:21:58 pm »
I don't think they are the worst tubs out there but not the best either.  We have a dealer near by who sells them and they look real nice. The main problem I have heard with them is with plumbing leaks.

ntmad8tr

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 09:02:34 pm »
Like I said, mine is only 3 yrs old so don't know how it will hold the test of time, hopefully at least 3-5 more years..... Of course now there is a Sundance dealer about 4 miles away so when it comes new tub time I will probably go and test a couple of his and probably get the one we like the best just out of pure convenience and I have bought chemicals there and have had some good converstaions with the owner and he is retired military man just like me so he will more than likely be our next tub supplier.

Hot Tub Forum

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 09:02:34 pm »

Home    Buying Guide    Featured Products    Forums    Reviews    About    Contact   
Copyright ©1998-2024, Whats The Best, Inc. All rights reserved. Site by Take 42